- Check out the Best Waterproof Winter Boots in Reviews
- 1. Columbia Women’s Minx Mid II Omni-Heat Winter Boot
- 2. London Fog Waterproof Snow Boot
- 3. Keen Women’s Elsa Waterproof Winter Boot
- 4. KEEN Winter Boot -Women’s Betty II
- 5. Columbia Women’s Bugaboot Snow Boot
- 6. Merrell Women’s Snowbound Mid Waterproof Winter Boot
- 7. Merrell Women’s Decora Prelude Waterproof Winter Boot
- 8. BEARPAW Women’s Desdemona Snow Boot
- 9. KEEN Women’s Wapato Tall Waterproof Boot
- 10. Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Snow Boot
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Waterproof Winter Boots
Winter is normally accompanied by snow and ice. Therefore, you will need the best waterproof winter boots to help you counter the cold weather. Today, the market is crowded with winter boots such that if you are not careful you may end up with a poor quality boot. That is why we have searched the market to come up with a plethora of boots for you to choose from. Most of the boots included in this list are affordable without compromising quality and performance. They are designed to make you walk effortlessly on ice without causing you discomforts of any sort. Therefore, we urge you to check out the following reviews to discover the right boot to help you conquer the winter season with confidence.
Check out the Best Waterproof Winter Boots in Reviews
1. Columbia Women’s Minx Mid II Omni-Heat Winter Boot
Stay warm and keep your feet dry during winter with the Columbia Women’s Minx Mid II Omni-Heat Winter Boot. It is made of a breathable material with little silver dots that reflect body heat to keep your legs absolutely warm. This boot is geo-quilted with ghillie lacing and a faux fur collar to offer additional warmth. It has a reinforced overlay with removable contoured PU leather footbed for added convenience. The waterproof membrane construction ensures water-resistance as well as the ease of cleaning and maintenance. Also, the boot has a rubber outsole with Omni-grip non-traction to prevent you from sliding when walking on wet surfaces.
- Comes in a black, charcoal color that blends with most outfits
- It is warm, waterproof, and very comfortable
- The removable insole provides more room when need be
- They are not as cute as you would expect, but they get the job done in winter
2. London Fog Waterproof Snow Boot
Battle the winter in style and comfort with the London Fog Waterproof Snow Boot. This boot is crafted with fur topline to keep your legs cozy and warm in the cold weather. It is available in a variety of sizes to choose from, depending on your foot’s size. The boot has a lace-up design that makes it easy to put on and to remove. You can as well adjust the tightness of the boot to your comfort using the laces. What’s more, there are durable stitching details on the exterior of the boots to give it additional aesthetics.
- The boot is available in various colors to choose from
- It is comfortable for walking outside all day
- The price range is pocket-friendly
- It is very warm and keeps feet from getting wet in the snow
- May come with manufacturer defects, however, they are super cute and comfortable
3. Keen Women’s Elsa Waterproof Winter Boot
Available in an assortment of colors and sizes, the Keen Women’s Elsa Waterproof Winter Boot lets you choose the right boot for your needs. It is made from 100% leather and synthetic to give you a top-quality boot to endure the harsh winter weather. The boot has a textile upper to repel water in different weather conditions. Similarly, there is a seam-sealed waterproof protection to keep your feet dry and comfortable at all times. The boot has a lace-up design that makes it easy to put on and to remove. Besides, it has an eye-catching design that will see you get several compliments whenever you walk around in it.
- The pull-on tab at the top makes slipping in and out of the boot very simple
- The laces hold their shape and they are easy to knot and to untie
- The boot is very warm and comfortable
- They are not suitable for walking on ice as they tend to slide
4. KEEN Winter Boot -Women’s Betty II
The KEEN Women’s Betty II Winter Boot is a great combination of stylish design and rugged capability. This boot is made of a 100-percent synthetic material to offer durable performance in the wet weather. It has a 2-inch heel to give splendid arch support, especially for people with flat feet. The opening of the boot is approximately 13 inches all around so it is easy to put on and to remove. This winter boot is available in a variety of sizes that you can choose from. Moreover, it is equipped with quilted side panels, faux-shearling, lining, and protective toe cap for ultimate comfort.
- The cascade color is simple and very nice
- This boot is lightweight and very comfortable
- Warm on the inside and fit true to size
- The shaft may feel a little stiff
5. Columbia Women’s Bugaboot Snow Boot
Featuring 100% leather construction, the Columbia Women’s Bugaboot Snow Boot is not only waterproof but also it is durable. This boot has been tested for toughness in the Pacific Northwest; therefore, rest assured it can endure cold weather and rugged terrain. It is equipped with a sturdy rubber sole to keep you moving regardless of what nature throws at you. This shoe has been insulated with waterproof leather to keep your foot warm and dry at all times. Furthermore, there is a lace-up closure with pull-loop on the tongue for easy slipping in and out of the shoe.
- This boot is stylish yet very functional
- Rubber sole grips well on slick surfaces
- Fits beautifully to keep you warm and comfortable
- This boot is slightly heavy and makes the foot looks huge, otherwise, very functional
6. Merrell Women’s Snowbound Mid Waterproof Winter Boot
Available in multiple sizes, the Merrell Women’s Snowbound Mid Waterproof Winter Boot has several options both for kids and adults. It is padded on the inside to keep the feet warm to help kids walk well in the snow. The boot is constructed using 100% leather and fabric to offer superior durability in wet weather conditions. It is equipped with lace-up vamp and pull-on loop at the shaft for effortless slipping in and out of the shoe. Additionally, this shoe is available in three colors (charcoal, dark earth, and black) to pick from.
- Flexible and lightweight enough to be used for hiking
- The fit is excellent without being painful
- Very roomy inside and allows for thicker socks
- The price is on the higher scale
7. Merrell Women’s Decora Prelude Waterproof Winter Boot
Maintain a sense of femininity during winter when you walk in the Merrell Women’s Decora Prelude Waterproof Winter Boot. It has a shaft that is 12.5 inches from the arch to cover your foot all the way up to your calf. The sole is made of good quality rubber to give optimum traction to walk on slippery surfaces. This shoe has a lace-up design that allows you to put on the shoe easily and to remove. It is cushioned inside using faux fur to keep your feet absolutely warm and cozy in the cold weather. Better yet, it is available in two colors; wild dove and brown sugar to choose from.
- It is waterproof and very warm inside
- The design is so simple and stylish
- It has good grip when walking on ice
- This boot is very pricey, but it is worth every single penny
8. BEARPAW Women’s Desdemona Snow Boot
Snowy winter meets its match in the BEARPAW Women’s Desdemona Snow Boot. It boasts wool blend lining and sheepskin footbed to provide the warmth you need during a cold winter season. The shaft measures approximately 10 inches from the arch to cover your foot all the way to your calf. This unit boasts a flexible sole with non-marking outsole for secure grip on all kinds of surfaces. It has a D-ring lace-up design to ensure a perfect fit that can be adjusted as desired. Plus the boot is lightweight and durable for long-lasting performance season after season.
- This boot is stylish and super fabulous
- Super comfortable and very warm inside
- Offers great ankle support with good traction
- May come with shipping defects, otherwise, excellent shoes
9. KEEN Women’s Wapato Tall Waterproof Boot
Enjoy the winter season by keeping warm in the KEEN Women’s Wapato Tall Waterproof Boot. It is constructed of waterproof nubuck and suede leather upper to offer superior durability against the wet weather. The boot is designed with a traditional lace-up closure that provides an adjustable fit for easy slipping in and out. It is equipped with a mesh lining that ensures moisture is naturally wicked away for all-day comfort. In addition, the outsole is crafted from a strong rubber material to offer good traction on slick surfaces.
- Very good quality shoes in a stylish design
- Comfortable and fits well
- Stays dry and warm
- The laces are strong and are easy to knot and untie
- Feels very sturdy to endure the rigors of wet weather
- The toe box is a little too narrow
10. Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Snow Boot
With a shaft measuring 6 inches from the arch, the Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Snow Boot covers the foot fully to shield it from snow and cold. It is equipped with easy-on loops at the tongue for easy slipping in and out of the shoe. The boot has 100% synthetic construction with a rubber outsole to offer a secure grip on ice. It boasts a seam-sealed waterproof upper to keep your feet dry and warm when walking on ice. Furthermore, the shoe is available in a variety of sizes and colors for you to pick from.
- Fits perfectly well for excellent performance
- It is warm to keep your feet really cozy
- The shoe is versatile and can be worn across all the four seasons
- The price range is leaning towards the higher scale, but the shoe is worth the money
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Waterproof Winter Boots
Shopping for the best boots for winter can be very daunting. However, with the following factors to consider, it will be as easy as ABC.
Winter is very snowy and icy; thus, you need a boot that will grip well on the ice. For this reason, consider boots designed with rubber outsole. Rubber tends to hold well on slick surfaces, and, therefore, walking on ice with a shoe whose sole is made of rubber will prevent you from sliding.
Shaft size has to do with the size from the arch of the shoe upwards. If you want a boot that can cover your foot all the way up to your calf, consider a boot with a high shaft measuring 6 inches and above. Whereas, if you want a boot that will only cover your foot and ankle, a boot with shaft measuring 5 inches and below is ideal.
Sizing and Fitting
Winter boots, just like any other shoes, are designed to fit differently. Some are designed to fit tightly while others are designed to fit with some room left. Hence, if you want boots to wear with thick socks, consider those that fit with so much space left. Otherwise, if you want shoes that fit tightly without any room for socks, go for shoes with interior faux fur lining.
The type of laces used on a boot determines a lot when it comes to the ease of use. Therefore, consider boots made of many lacing eyelets all the way up with lacing hooks. This will enable you to achieve a secure and comfortable fit. This is because the lacing hooks allow you to tighten the laces at the top for a great fit.
The winter season can be very cold, making it quite devastating to walk outside. However, if you are armed with the right waterproof winter boots, you will enjoy every aspect of winter. Not only will your feet be warm and cozy but also you will not shy away from walking or playing in the snow. Therefore, make sure you read these reviews in order to discover the right boots to take your winter experience a notch higher.