- Lists of the Best Small Wood Stove in Reviews
- 1. Pleasant Hearth Large 2200-Sq.Ft Wood Stove
- 2. Drolet 95000 BTU Wood Stove
- 3. US Stove EPA Certified 2000 Wood Stove
- 4. Vogelzang TR008 EPA Durango Wood Stove
- 5. Hi-Flame FF-905 Black Shetland Stove
- 6. Vogelzang TR001 EPA Wood Defender Stove
- 7. Hi-Flame HF905U Wood Burning Stove
- 8. Hi-Flame HF905U Wood Burning Stove
- 9. Hi-Flame HF905UA METT Wood Stove
- 10. Hi-Flame HF905UB Wood Stove
- Why should you purchase a wood stove?
When the winter sets in, gathering around the burning stove with your family can be a great experience. A wood burning stove would be used in small apartments or houses to heat the whole space and add a touch of warmth and coziness. More importantly, it uses woods for fuel so that you won’t have to be worried about paying electricity or gas bills. There are many important factors that you need to consider when choosing a good wood burning store, making it quite difficult to make the right decision. To make it easier for you, we have created a list of top 10 best small wood stove in 2019 reviews with pros and cons. Let’s check it out.
Lists of the Best Small Wood Stove in Reviews
1. Pleasant Hearth Large 2200-Sq.Ft Wood Stove
The Pleasant Hearth wood stove is a great option to warm your house with a highly effective and efficient indoor zone heating. It is EPA certified with 3.6 g/h of emissions and 85% efficiency rating to ensure the safety in your space. Also, the unit can work well in a large space, up to 2200 square feet with minimized assembly. The door is easy to access so that you can put wood inside quickly, while ceramic window and the brick-lined firebox allow for an efficient and safe view. It is very easy to clean the ash from the door to keep in in the best condition.
- EPA certified to ensure safety
- Include an instructional DVD for operation and assembly
- Include variable speed blowers
- Powerful yet quiet heat distribution
- It requires assembly and installation before using
2. Drolet 95000 BTU Wood Stove
With up to 2400 square feet of heating space, you won’t have to worry about the freezing days with this wood stove by Drolet. Its firebox is basically lined with firebricks and can accommodate logs up to 22 inches long. The Heavy-duty door made of cast iron comes with an adjustable handle so that you can easily carry it anywhere in your house. Also, there is an air control on the door which is easy to operate for better air quality once it is running. To storing ash, the manufacturer includes a large drawer, making it quicker and easier to clean.
- Can use long logs to burn
- Include a large drawer for storing ash
- It can heat up to 2400 square feet
- Adjustable handle and sturdy cast iron door
- It does not have the blower
3. US Stove EPA Certified 2000 Wood Stove
The US Stove model is a mid-sized stove which features an elegant and large arched door with a built-in air wash to keep the fire viewable and the glass clean. With 89000 BTU of heat, it can heat up 2000 square feet to make the entire house warm and cozy. The package also includes an efficient and quiet blower to help you adjust the fire. The firebox is spacious and can accept logs up to 21 inches in length, which will increase the burning time and decrease the refueling time.
- Cover up to 2000 square feet
- Include a blower for better performance
- Air wash function to keep it clean
- Accept logs more than 21 inches in length
- It does not have a cooktop
4. Vogelzang TR008 EPA Durango Wood Stove
The Vogelzang TR008 wood stove is a hard-working and highly efficient wood stove which is specifically designed to produce a warm and cozy space in your home. Featuring the Turbo Burn feature, it includes an airtight firebox and many cross-drilled tubes to ensure a high performance. Also, it meets the EPA requirements for low emissions, thus ensuring the fresh air in your space. The device does not emit too many ashes and smoke so that you won’t waste much of your time from cleaning.
- Produce hot fires for an extended period
- Do not emit too many ashes and smoke
- Meet EPA requirements for safety
- Easy and quick to install and use
- It is not ideal for use in large areas
5. Hi-Flame FF-905 Black Shetland Stove
The Hi-Flame Shetland is a smart and small wood stove of contemporary European style. It comes with an advanced and clean tertiary burn which can wring out most of the heat from the fuel. This helps improve combustion efficiency and reduce emissions in your home. More importantly, the whole unit is made of cast iron material to ensure the durability for many years without wear and tear. Thanks to an exquisite design and fancy glass door, it can be also a great addition to the existing space.
- Rear and top flue outlet
- Air control and clean burning feature
- Come with a modern European design
- Made of cast iron material
- It can only accommodate 12-inch logs
6. Vogelzang TR001 EPA Wood Defender Stove
With this wood stove by Vogelzang, you can keep your home warm for up to 8 hours with just one fueling. The unit accepts logs of 18 inches in length and allows for a heating space of up to 1200 square feet. Also, there are a large cast iron door and ceramic window so that you can easily put woods or clean ashes. Its adjustable legs make it easier to move around your home and warm up different spaces. The whole unit is constructed from heavy-gauge reinforced steel which is extremely durable and sturdy for many years.
- Easy positioning with adjustable legs
- Made with heavy-gauge reinforced steel
- It can burn for many hours on a single fueling
- Can heat up a space of 1200 square feet
- The viewing window is quite small
7. Hi-Flame HF905U Wood Burning Stove
Practical and affordable, the Hi-Flame HF905U wood stove can be one of the best options to equip for your home in this winter. It has a pre-heated air flow which helps improve combustion efficiency and reduce emissions. Also, the Tertiary Air technology allows for a cleaner view and minimized residue buildup on the fire-chamber flue and lining. More importantly, it is a high-efficient stove which can save your fuel and lower the amount of ashes when operating. Overall, this can be a perfect heater for any space in your house to add a touch of warmth and elegance.
- It can warm up a large space quickly
- 21000 BTU per hour for efficient performance
- High-tech firebox for a clean room
- Air-washed door construction for clean glass
- It is quite small compared to other models
8. Hi-Flame HF905U Wood Burning Stove
This is another high-efficient and affordable wood stove by Hi-Flame, a recognizable brand known for high-quality household products. It is completely EPA certified and Omni tested to ensure there are no harmful emissions in your home. With a small size, the unit can easily fit 6-inch stove pipe, rear or top flue outlet, as well as accommodate logs of 12 inches in length. Thanks to a high-tech firebox, it can ensure your room is always clean from ashes or smoke.
- Come with 5-year warranty
- The setup and installation is simple and quick
- EPA certified and Omni tested
- Can be used in a variety of areas
- The quality control would be better
9. Hi-Flame HF905UA METT Wood Stove
This is a free-standing stove by Hi-Flame which provides you with the great opportunity to take the air supply from the outside of your space with an external air container. This allows for better efficiency and safety. The pre-heated air wash feature helps keep the glass free from ashes and smoke at all time. Also, it is made of a fire back-plate and high-quality cast iron door which can last for an extended period. Lastly, the tertiary air function can maximize its efficiency up to 85 percent to save your fuel and avoid contamination.
- Maximize the efficiency with tertiary system
- Long-lasting fire back-plate and cast iron door
- Heavy-duty steel body
- Keep the glass clean with air-washed system
- The construction is mediocre
10. Hi-Flame HF905UB Wood Stove
With an outstanding efficiency of 84.3%, the Hi-Flame HF905UB is undoubtedly one of the most effective wood stove available on the market. Its unique convection system can distribute heat quickly around the room so that you can get both convected and radiated heat without burning any excess fuel. Also, it is a great option for the indoor environment because the tertiary air feature can burn cleanly without too much smoke. With a durable and sturdy construction, you can use it to warm up your home for many years without cracks or wear and tear.
- Durable and sturdy construction to last for many years
- Soft-edged cast iron cover on the top
- Operate in an extended period of time
- Clean operation without too much ash and smoke in your home
- The blower is a bit noisy when used
Why should you purchase a wood stove?
This type of stove use wood, which is a reliable fuel because it is renewable and cheap. This is especially true if you are living in a rural area.
Most of the modern wood stoves come with very high-efficiency rating, which is often more than 80 percent. This will reduce smoke and ashes in your home.
Compared to electricity, oil, or gas models, wood stoves are much cheaper to operate. More importantly, they can produce the same number of BTUs to ensure the warmth and coziness in your home.
Wood stoves are extremely safe to operate. Although they produce live flames and heat, these units are often designed with thick and heavy-duty doors to keep the fires inside a firebox. More importantly, most of them have passed emission tests and requirements to ensure a safe level of pollutants in your home.
Selecting a small wood stove can be challenging if you do not what to consider. After reading this guide, we hope that you now can understand some important factors to look for in a good model. All of the products above are high-quality options with premium constructions and advanced features. No matter which model you choose, it will warm up the whole space in your home without harmful substances or contaminate the area.