- Lists of the Best Skimboards Reviews
- 1. Lucky Bums Wooden Skimboard
- 2. BPS Gator Skimboard
- 3. Sunspecs Rubber Top Skimboard
- 4. BeachMall 30-41-Inch EVA Traction Deluxe Wooden Skimboard
- 5. Liquid Shredder Wooden EVA Deck Skimboards
- 6. BeachMall 30-41 Inch Deluxe Wood Skim Board
- 7. Fedmax Fiberglass Body Skimboard
- 8. Wave Zone Edge Plus Fiberglass Board
- 9. Zap Skimboard Lazer
- 10. Fedmax Kids/Adults Wood Skimboard
There are many things that you can do at the beach, but if you want to add some thrill to your overall experience, skimboarding is always a great sport to try out. And you do not even have to be a pro to enjoy it as all it takes is a little practice to master how to balance and get the necessary motion. But, before you even think about trying skimboarding, you first need to make sure that you have the right skimboard which should not be a problem as there are many good ones in the market.
If you want to experience the beach differently, a skimboard will be very useful, and this is regardless of your gender or age. In this piece, we help to ensure that you have an easy time finding the perfect board for you by reviewing 10 best-rated ones from different brands.
Lists of the Best Skimboards Reviews
1. Lucky Bums Wooden Skimboard
With the durable plywood construction, you can be confident that this skimboard will serve you well and do it for a long time. Also, it comes with a high gloss finish that not only improves the overall look but also helps to prevent water damage. You also do not have to worry about nose-diving into the sand when skimming as it takes measures to prevent this by incorporating a slight rocker shape. This skimboard will work well for both beginners and professionals, and it is available in various designs to make it easy to find something that goes with your tastes.
- Durable plywood construction
- High gloss finish
- Variety of designs to choose from
- Stable and maneuverable
- Great for both beginners and pros
- Slight rocker design for nose dive prevention
- Seems to have some minor imperfections
2. BPS Gator Skimboard
There are many things that make a good skimboard but a good grip when wet is always at the top of the list. This particular one uses a layer of EVA foam to create the famous “Gator Grip” that is designed to ensure great grip even when wet. Also, this is a highly durable board thanks to the plywood construction, and also extremely lightweight to make it easy to carry around. There is also an epoxy coating that helps to prevent water damage and a generous nose rocker designed to prevent nose diving when skimming.
- Epoxy coating for water damage prevention
- Highly durable plywood construction
- Includes gator grip for maximum performance when wet
- Extremely lightweight board
- Generous nose rocker for nose dive prevention
- Variety of color options
- Takes more effort to control when skimming
3. Sunspecs Rubber Top Skimboard
The high-quality wood construction is meant to ensure that this skimboard lasts for a long time and you get to enjoy it long enough before you need a replacement. This board is also made with a rubber layer that is designed to ensure excellent traction and helps to save time and cash as you will not need to do any waxing. Also, it has an appealing classic look and with some impressive patterns, and you can get it in various color and size options. When compared to other similar quality skimboards, it is also relatively affordable.
- High-quality wood construction
- Rubber layer for excellent traction
- Appealing classic look
- Available in a variety of size and color options
- Relatively more affordable
- Saves time and cash as it does not require waxing
- A little heavy for kids to carry around
4. BeachMall 30-41-Inch EVA Traction Deluxe Wooden Skimboard
Unlike many other skimboards on the market that are made from laminated wood, this one has a solid wood core to make it sturdy and highly durable. Also, it comes with a layered EVA traction pad that provides great grip and if you combine this with the diamond shaped grooves, you can be sure of getting the best traction even when the board is wet. With the unique W shaped tail, this skimboard is also easy to maneuver in the water, and the lightweight construction makes it I easy to carry even for skids.
- Layered EVA traction pad provides a great grip
- Durable solid wood core
- Diamond shaped groove for enhanced traction
- Unique tail shape for improved maneuverability
- Lightweight for easy carry around
- Quite a slim board
5. Liquid Shredder Wooden EVA Deck Skimboards
Size also matters a lot when it comes to buying a skimboard because you need enough space for both your feet. And so the fact that this particular one is quite spacious makes it a great pick. It is also made with a solid wood core for maximum sturdiness and durability. With the foam top and unique grooves, you can also be confident of always getting great grip and without ever having to apply any wax. The board comes in a bright and appealing color, and it is available in various sizes for both kids and adults.
- Foam top prevents slipping
- Durable and sturdy wood core
- Unique top grooves for enhanced grip
- Large enough but still quite lightweight
- Does not need any waxing
- May start peeling off after a while
6. BeachMall 30-41 Inch Deluxe Wood Skim Board
BeachMall makes this skimboard for beginner and intermediate users that are looking for something that will help them improve their skills and also enjoy skimming. The board comes in various size options for both kids and adults, and in a variety of colors and with some unique patterns for an appealing finish. With the solid wood construction, it is also quite sturdy and highly durable. And it also has a hard protective resin meant to prevent water damage. Controlling it should be relatively easy thanks to the included rocker.
- Numerous sizes for both kids and adults
- Colorful and with some impressive patterns
- Solid wood construction
- Rocker provides better speed and control
- Hard protective resin
- Does not have EVA grip pad
7. Fedmax Fiberglass Body Skimboard
If you want something that will give your kids an easy time when learning how to skim or even help out a beginner adult, this is a perfect choice. It is a lightweight and sturdy fiberglass board with carbon fiber reinforced nose and tail for improved maneuverability. The design and weight make this skimboard stable and easy to maneuver, and hence a great choice for kids and beginners. And there is also a nose rocker for better control and traction grip set for excellent grip even when wet. Also, the board comes with free installation instructions for the grip set and a tricks and tips guide.
- Traction pad grip set included
- Lightweight but sturdy construction
- Improved maneuverability
- Nose rocker for better control
- Free trick and tips guide and installation instructions
- Relatively pricey board
8. Wave Zone Edge Plus Fiberglass Board
The fact that each one of these board is handmade should give you some confidence that you will not only get something high-quality but also quite authentic thanks to the attention to detail. The fiberglass construction also ensures that the board is not only sturdy but also lightweight enough for easy carrying. And with a higher weight capacity of up to 130 pounds, this will accommodate more beginner and intermediate users than many others. Besides the graphics being unique for almost every board, they are also quite appealing.
- Can come with the traction pad and board bag
- Handmade for a more authentic look
- Sturdy and lightweight fiberglass body
- Higher weight limit
- Appealing graphic art
- Also quite expensive
9. Zap Skimboard Lazer
Unlike the cheap wood skimboards that often break apart after a few uses, this one combines foam with fiberglass to ensure you get the best quality possible. The foam core keeps it sturdy enough while the fiberglass provides great reinforcements and also helps to improve the quality of the nose and tail for better control and ensure you get the fastest and longest rides. This board also feels well-balanced and hence easier to use for beginners and kids and the fantastic colors and designs will impress any user.
- Lightweight fiberglass construction
- Highly resistant to water damage
- Well-balanced and easy to control
- Long and fast rides
- Fantastic colors and designs
- Does not have a traction pad
10. Fedmax Kids/Adults Wood Skimboard
Anything with a solid wood core is always guaranteed to last long, and this is more so if it is well-made like this particular Fedmax skimboard. Besides the sturdy wood construction, it also has a high-quality IXPE foam traction that keeps your feet steady on the board even when it is wet. This IXPE foam also has a crocodile pattern that will create a full seal to prevent peeling off or detaching. The board is ideal for both adults and kids as it is available in various sizes, and when you buy it you will get a free tips and tricks guide.
- Solid and durable wood core
- Higher quality foam traction
- Full seal design prevents peeling off
- Stable and easily maneuverable
- Free tips and tricks guide
- Great for both kids and adults
- Traction is still not as good as what waxing provides
If you enjoy bodyboards and would like to try something new and more thrilling, a skimboard is what you need to get. And with our top 10 reviews above, finding one that suits your needs should be easy. Just pick one that appeals to your tastes and preferences most, and make sure you leave us a comment below to let us know how it goes.