- List the Best Shoe Dryers in Reviews
- 10. PEET Dryer Original 2-Shoe and Boot Dryer
- 9. MaxxDry Heavy-Duty Boot Dryer
- 8. PEET Dryer Advantage 4-Shoe and Boot Dryer
- 7. VIVREAL HOME Boot Dryer – Noiseless Electric Shoe Dryer
- 6. Jobsite Boot, Shoe Glove Electric Dryer
- 5. Green Glove Shoe Dryer for Hats, Gloves, Shoes, and Mittens
- 4. Dr. Dry Ultra Shoe Dryer – Fan Powered Shoe Dryer With Built-in UV Light
- 3. Fannyc Shoe Dryer, Noiseless Electric Foot Dryer
- 2. KOODER Boot Dryer & Shoe Dryer
- 1. PEET Dryer – Portable 2 Shoe Propane Powered Dryer
- Buying Guide to Choosing the Best Shoe Dryers
Gone are the days when you had to dry your shoes around an open fire. Even those that dry their shoes out in the open sun have harsh weather elements to contend with. Luckily, there are shoe dryers out there to make the process fast, effective, and possible regardless of the weather condition. It goes without saying that you need the best shoe dryers for the job. Well, there are a plethora of options ranging in design, durability, and capacity. In this article, we take a look at the 10 best shoe dryers and what to look for when shopping for a new unit.
List the Best Shoe Dryers in Reviews
10. PEET Dryer Original 2-Shoe and Boot Dryer
This shoe dryer fits every lifestyle. It can accommodate any type of footwear regardless of the make and material. This dryer makes good work of moisture and and odors. It fully deodorizes and dries footwear anywhere from 3 to 8 hours. It’s energy efficient, drawing power less than what is needed in a standard light bulb. You get a quiet operation that allows you dry your footwear overnight without the disturbance. This electric footwear dryer accommodates 2 shoes at a go.
- Low energy consumption
- Fast, thorough, and efficient
- Safe and economical
- Comes with 25 years warranty
- No power indicator
9. MaxxDry Heavy-Duty Boot Dryer
A versatile heavy-duty dryer designed for both footwear and gloves. This dryer generates 105 degrees Fahrenheit that’s gentle on most materials. It’s built to save time drying footwear in just 1 hour. There’s a 16-inch extension that comes in handy to accommodate taller boots. A 3-hour timer automatically shuts off power to conserve energy. The timer removes the need to monitor your footwear or gloves as they’re being dried. This heavy-duty dryer fits 2 footwear and a pair of gloves at a time.
- Used for both shoes and gloves
- Fast drying time
- Includes extension tubes
- Heavy-duty performance
- Timer for adjustable drying period
- Some user say it’s a bit noisy
8. PEET Dryer Advantage 4-Shoe and Boot Dryer
Save time by drying more at a go. Well, that’s the concept behind this shoe dryer. It accommodates 4 shoes at a go. It’s gentle on all footwear material and runs quiet making it less of a nuisance during sleeping hours. A powerful fan dries and deodorizes in 1-4 hours. The tubes can accept other dry port attachments, for instance, those that fit gloves or helmet. There’s a 4-hour timer for setting drying time and conserving power.
- Dries 2 pairs in one cycle
- Timer for drying period
- Heat and no heat options
- Quick and efficient
- Requires separate purchase of dry ports
7. VIVREAL HOME Boot Dryer – Noiseless Electric Shoe Dryer
This user-friendly shoe dryer makes good work of footwear and accessories. It uses a whisper-quiet natural convection technique to dry footwear and eliminate contaminants. Warming footwear takes around 30 minutes. Damp and wet footwear take 4 hours and an overnight of drying respectively. Removable extensions are included to fit tall footwear, such as boots. This boot warmer fits a pair of shoes at a time.
- Quick to assemble
- Easy-access switch
- Noiseless operation
- Lifetime warranty
- Dries with only radiant heat and thus requires a few more hours to fully dry shoes
6. Jobsite Boot, Shoe Glove Electric Dryer
A versatile, durable shoe dryer designed for different occasions. This dryer uses a 36-watt heater to eliminate dampness and contaminants from your footwear and accessories. It has a warm-up time of 30 minutes, eliminates moisture from damp footwear in 8 hours, and dries wet footwear overnight. This dryer operates within a temperature range that is safe on all types of footwear and footwear materials. It’s compact and lightweight for easy portability. The dryer works on a pair of shoes at a go.
- Safe, noiseless operation
- Extension tubes are removable
- Compact and portable
- Works on bulkiest footwear
- Doesn’t have indicators
5. Green Glove Shoe Dryer for Hats, Gloves, Shoes, and Mittens
An innovative, energy-efficient shoe dryer that doesn’t need plugging in. Well, this dryer ditches the electric drying system and instead settles for an eco- friendly vent drying system. It’s versatile and does more than just drying gloves and shoes. I mean, you can use it to dry hats, mittens, and more. This dryer weighs in at just 1 pound to provide ultra-light portability. It’s safe to use on most materials and accommodates 3 pairs of shoes at a time.
- Ultra-light and portable
- Dries 3 pairs in one cycle
- Longer drying time
4. Dr. Dry Ultra Shoe Dryer – Fan Powered Shoe Dryer With Built-in UV Light
Portable, fast, and built to last. This is a dryer that dries fast and deodorizes deep. It has a 167 degrees Fahrenheit heater that cuts drying time to less than 4 hours. This dryer uses UV-light to effectively neutralize odors. It kills unwanted fungus and bacteria to keep your feet healthy. The dryer is just 8 inches long to provide a perfect fit on most shoe sizes.
- Unique-fitting shape
- Very practical and portable
- Safe to use around children and pets
- Dryer takes long to dry shoes
3. Fannyc Shoe Dryer, Noiseless Electric Foot Dryer
A shoe dryer with a breakthrough design that’s accommodating to all types of footwear. Well, this is a one size fit all dryer. It has extensions that can be adjusted to the size and type of footwear. The dryer uses natural thermal convection to dry, deodorize, and eliminate bacteria. It does its work without the noise so you can enjoy a quiet, good night’s sleep. Fannyc dryer fits a pair of shoes at a go.
- Noiseless operation
- Timer for automatic operation
- Very adjustable to fit all sizes of footwear
- Dries very fast
- Gets too hot to touch
2. KOODER Boot Dryer & Shoe Dryer
Smooth, sleek, and durable. That’s what this dryer has to offer. It fits snug inside the shoe and has a pull-resistant power cord that prevents disconnection. PTC heat generator delivers high, consistent, and precise temperature. Numerous air holes ensure all-around, even distribution of heat making the drying process fast and effective. In fact, it takes anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours to completely dry damp or wet shoes.
- Precise temperature control to avoid overheating
- Even distribution of heat
- Adjustable length
- Portable enough to fit in most luggage
- Tough, heat-resistant surface
- Lacks a fan so takes longer to dry
1. PEET Dryer – Portable 2 Shoe Propane Powered Dryer
This is the gas-powered version of PEET shoe dryer. It uses propane instead of electricity to keep your footwear dry and odorless. The dryer has 2 dry ports that fit a pair of footwear. Extensions are included to adjust to the size and type of footwear being dried. It’s safe on all types of footwear material. It runs whisper quiet to eliminate any disturbances, especially when you’re in bed.
- Safe and silent
- More flexible portability
- Doesn’t need electricity
- Adjustable extensions
- No power indicator
- A bit expensive
Buying Guide to Choosing the Best Shoe Dryers
Rather than just providing a review list of top recommended shoe dryers, it would be a good idea to also know what to look for in the best shoe dryers. After all, shoe dryers aren’t made the same. That said, you’d want a dryer that has the right features for your need. Below are the major considerations to help you make a wise choice.
Portable or Stationary?
Shoe dryers come in two major categories. You get the large stationary dryers and the compact portable dryers. Stationary dryers are ideal for home use where they don’t have to be moved around a lot. Normally, stationary dryers come with more drying ports and thus accommodate more footwear. Portable dryers are suitable for those on the move. They come in handy, especially when you’re out there fishing or hiking.
You don’t want a dryer that draws a lot of power. Consider units that use less power without compromising efficiency. Talking about power, shoe dryers make use of different types of power. You’ll get those that use electricity, gas, or vented air. Gas units are a handy choice in remote areas where electricity or vented air isn’t available.
Though not a must, a timer is quite an important consideration. It’s a handy feature for those with a busy schedule. It lets you to set the drying time and do other chores. A timer is also a good power conservation feature since it shuts off the unit after drying is complete.
More is better. Different heat options makes for easy customization. In fact, it allows you to make a selection that’s safe on the material of the footwear being dried. For instance, you can set to mild heat or a no-heat function when dealing with more sensitive materials, such as neoprene.
You have a list of best shoe dryers and some knowledge on what to look for. Well, that’s all you need to say bye to wet, foul-smelling shoes. So wait no more. Make your pick and give your foot the comfort and healthy environment it needs.