- Table of the Best Protein Powder for Building Muscle in Reviews
- 1. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, Double Rich Chocolate – 1 Pound
- 2. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Double Rich Chocolate 2LB
- 3. Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder (3 Pounds)
- 4. Dymatize ISO 100 Whey Protein Powder Isolate, 3lbs
- 5. MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder
- 6. EAS 100% Pure Whey Protein Powder, 2lb
- 7. Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder, 5lbs
- 8. Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey Protein Powder, 3.5 Pounds
- 9. Redleaf Pre-Workout Energizer Powder for Women and Men
- 10. NLA for Her – Uplift – Pre-Workout Energy – 220 Grams
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Protein Powder for Building Muscles
If you want to get the most out of your fitness goals, it is recommended that you only consider the best protein powder for building muscles. Unlike any protein supplement, premium protein powders are certified to give you peace of mind knowing that you are using a safe and quality product. They not only build muscles but also they repair them. Plus they boost energy in order to allow you to workout harder and stay focused longer. They come in many different flavors and sizes. That’s why we urge you to read these reviews, so you can know what to go for.
Table of the Best Protein Powder for Building Muscle in Reviews
1. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, Double Rich Chocolate – 1 Pound
The primary ingredient of this protein powder for building muscles is pure whey protein isolates. Each serving of this supplement contains 5.5 grams of BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) and 24 grams of whey proteins. This means the supplement has what it takes to help athletes build their muscles. Its any-time formula makes it the ideal supplement to take before or after a workout. You can also take it between meals or with a meal. Plus you can have it those days when you need extra protein in your nutrition. It is a product that you will feel comfortable and safe consuming knowing that it has undergone the highest quality control measures before it reaches you.
- Seems to eliminate cravings
- It helps in weight loss
- Does not contain sucralose or salt
- Some people find the taste unbearable
2. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Double Rich Chocolate 2LB
There are a lot of benefits why you should consider this protein powder for building muscles. First, it contains amino acids, which are the building blocks of muscles. Second, it can be consumed before or after exercise to help improve your recovery process. You can also consume it first thing in the morning. You can use this supplement to make gold standard 100-percent whey peanut butter cups. And the ingredients you need to achieve that are a 1/3 cup of natural peanut butter, 1 cup of dark chocolate chips, 1 tsp of coconut oil, a ¾ scoop of gold standard 100-percent whey vanilla ice cream, and 1 scoop of gold standard 100-percent whey extreme milk chocolate. Well, this will give you up to 12 servings. Per serving of this supplement, you will get 100 calories, 5 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat, and 6 grams of carbs.
- A lot sweeter than anticipated
- Does not have a weird aftertaste
- Available in 21 flavors and 2 colors to choose from
- Not everyone likes the taste
3. Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder (3 Pounds)
Another protein powder for building muscle that you should consider as well is this one from Isopure. It will not just help you build your muscles but also it will come in handy for muscle recovery. It also ensures that you meet your daily protein needs as a key component of an exercise program and a healthy diet. Furthermore, the supplement helps support optimal muscle health as well as supporting your weight management efforts by keeping you full between meals. Like other premium protein powder for building muscles, this one can be consumed after workouts, between meals, and first thing in the morning. This protein powder comes in a wide range of delicious flavors to choose from.
- Has a sweet taste
- Its viscosity is smooth
- Boasts a solid nutritional breakdown
- Blends effortlessly to ensure utmost convenience
- The vanilla flavor really has no flavor
4. Dymatize ISO 100 Whey Protein Powder Isolate, 3lbs
Each serving of this protein powder for building muscles contains 5.5 grams of BCAAs and 25 grams of protein. The supplement is available in 12 different flavors because the manufacturer understands that tastes and preferences differ from one user to another. These 12 flavors include peanut butter, strawberry, chocolate coconut, smooth banana, gourmet vanilla, orange dreamsicle, cinnamon vanilla, gourmet chocolate, cookies and cream, birthday cake, fudge brownie, and chocolate peanut butter. This product is formulated via a cross-flow microfiltration, which is a multi-step purification process. The filtration helps preserve important muscle-building protein fractions while removing excess cholesterol, lactose, carbohydrates, and fat. So it can be digested and absorbed fast, the protein powder is made with pre-hydrolyzed protein sources.
- The birthday cake flavor tastes great
- Ensures maximum growth and recovery
- Available in several flavor options
- Not everyone likes the “too sweet” taste
5. MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder
Athletes who want to build their muscles, optimize recovery or support their strength should consider this protein powder for building muscles. It is banned substance tested and certified to make sure that it is not contaminated in any way. That being said, the MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder is safe to use. In one serving, it will supply you with 25 grams of protein, which contain 5 protein sources that will fuel your muscles and improve your performance. To make this protein powder a dependable supplement, the manufacturer has included glutamine, BCAAs, and digestive enzymes. The supplement comes with a 30-day, full money back guarantee to give you confidence knowing that you can always return it within 30 days of purchase if it fails to impress you.
- Available in a wide range of flavors
- Goes well with milk, fruits, vegetables, water, and almond milk
- Mixes easily to give the best results
- A bit pricey
6. EAS 100% Pure Whey Protein Powder, 2lb
One of the things that make a protein powder for building muscle the best is certification. Fortunately, that’s exactly what the EAS 100% Pure Whey Protein Powder, 2lb is all about. It is NSF tested and certified, so it can give you confidence in using it knowing you are using a safe product. To make it repair and build your muscles as expected, EAS, the manufacturer of this supplement advises that you consume the supplement within 30 minutes once you are done with a strenuous workout. Each serving of this protein powder will provide you with 7.3 grams of BCAAs to help repair muscle damage as well as to stimulate protein synthesis.
- Has a great taste
- The price is competitive
- Can be used with a vegetable blend
- Eliminates the need for a sweetener
- Low in fat and mixes well
- Does not come with a scoop
7. Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder, 5lbs
This protein powder for muscle building is on this list because it is formulated to provide you with what you need. With that said, the supplement contains 100-percent premium whey protein to help support your body. According to Body Fortress, your body needs to build lean muscles and strength. So, that’s exactly what this supplement is meant to do. Body Fortress has enhanced it with creatine and other essential amino acids. Well, these ingredients work together to help you rebuild lean muscles faster. Despite doing so much, this supplement will not force you to dig deep into your pocket in order to get it. Besides, it is available in 7 flavors and two sizes.
- The price is unbeatable for the amount
- Mixes well enough to ensure a great experience
- The flavor and consistency are good
- More than a few people do not like the taste
8. Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey Protein Powder, 3.5 Pounds
According to Optimum Nutrition, the Platinum Hydrowhey is the most advanced whey protein they have ever developed. This means the supplement works great and should be the go-to product for you. It contains ultra-pure whey isolates, which are able to get into your system faster, thereby, allowing your muscles to start recovering as a result of heavy training. Ideally, the manufacturer has added BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) to the formula of this protein powder for building muscles. As a result, expect this product to deliver the results you want. You can consume it after workout, anytime extra protein is required in your diet, and between meals. In a single serving of this supplement, you will get 30 grams of ultra-pure protein.
- Absorbs quickly to provide the best results
- Tastes fantastic for a hydrolyzed whey product
- Mixes easily in the blender
- Expensive, but it is worth it
9. Redleaf Pre-Workout Energizer Powder for Women and Men
The Redleaf Pre-Workout Energizer Powder is a high performing protein powder for building muscles that will help you work out harder and stay focused longer. This means when you use it, then you will no doubt get the most out of your training. It is a must-have whether you like to run, swim, box, lift, flow or spin. It contains Beta-Alanine, which reduces muscle fatigue as well as helping fuel intense workouts. This protein powder also contains extracts from antioxidants, which support health and provide energy. Redleaf produces this supplement in a GMP-certified facility to ensure potency and purity. They ensure that the product does not contain harsh stimulants, artificial colors, maltodextrin or carbs.
- Tastes great and boosts energy
- Does what it says
- Does not cause jitters
- Its flavor is delicious
- Comes halfway full; hence, a little expensive for the amount
10. NLA for Her – Uplift – Pre-Workout Energy – 220 Grams
What’s fascinating about this protein powder for building muscles is the fact that it is scientifically formulated for women. It improves endurance, supports energy levels, and increases fast twitch muscle fiber activation during workouts. It will also help you take the dimension of your fitness game to a whole new level. Ideally, it does all these without causing that jittery feeling. It is great for women of all fitness levels, given that it tastes great and boasts the highest quality. With it, those mediocre workouts will be a thing of the past. This is because it offers an intense rush of energy and focus. As such, this supplement will help you work out harder than ever before.
- Works and tastes good
- Stays in the body for longer
- All the flavors are great
- Will not leave you feeling jittery
- For the amount, it is expensive
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Protein Powder for Building Muscles
Before you go, check out the following factors.
Ease of Mixing
This is a factor that most protein powder buyers overlook until it proves costly. So, when buying a protein supplement for building and repairing your muscles, ensure that it is one that mixes well without leaving clumps/lumps at the bottom. Also, make sure that it mixes with almost anything including milk, water, fruits, vegetables, and many more.
We mentioned in the introduction that protein powder for repairing and building muscles come in a wide range of flavors. Well, these flavors include peanut butter, strawberry, chocolate coconut, smooth banana, gourmet vanilla, orange dreamsicle, cinnamon vanilla, gourmet chocolate, cookies and cream, birthday cake, fudge brownie, and chocolate peanut butter, among others. That said, go for a flavor that you think tastes better.
Like the flavor, protein supplements for building muscles come in various sizes. This means you will come across 1-pound, 2-pound, 3-pound, 3.5-pound, 4-pound, and 5-pound bottles etc. Therefore, if you are buying a product for the first time, it is advisable that you go for a smaller size. This is because the product may not live up to your expectations.
The last thing you want as a professional athlete is to test positive for a banned substance. For this reason, ensure that protein powder you are set to buy is tested and certified by a reputable firm like the NSF. This will give you confidence knowing that the product is totally safe.
Protein powders for building muscles are available in several flavors. While this is good, it is also bad news in the sense that it makes it extremely difficult to get what you want. Fortunately, we have done detailed research and come up with various flavors of protein powders. So, read keenly and then pick that brand you think will suit your needs.