- List the Best Printing Calculator for Accountants in Reviews
- 1. Casio Inc. mini desktop printing Calculator (HR-100TM)
- 2. Canon 2 color mini-Desktop Printing Calculator (P23-DH V)
- 3. Canon Printing Calculator (MP11DX)
- 4. Casio Plus – Handheld Printing Calculator (HR-8TM)
- 5. Sharp EL-1801V 12-Digit 2-Color Printing Calculator
- 6. Sharp EL-1197PIII Color Printing Calculator with Clock and Calendar
- 7. Sharp EL-1750V 12 Digit 2-Color Printing Calculator
- 8. Casio Business Calculator (HR-150TM Plus)
- 9. Sharp Two-Color Printing Calculator (EL-2630PIII)
- 10. Sharp Desktop Calculator (EL-2196BL)
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Printing Calculator
Printing calculators are equipped with certain features that make them perfect for accounting. They have keys such as tax keys, which allow for effortless calculation of amount less tax, amount plus tax, and tax amount. Printing calculators also come with printers that, in most cases, are fast and reliable. They are compact, and this makes them perfect for home offices or commercial places with limited space. With them, you will make your work in the accounting department easier than ever before. And this is mainly because they are built with convenience in mind. We have done our research and come up with the following top 10 best printing calculators for accountants in 2019 reviews. So, should you be looking for one, this is the place to start from.
List the Best Printing Calculator for Accountants in Reviews
1. Casio Inc. mini desktop printing Calculator (HR-100TM)
If you have a home office or professional business center, you need this mini desktop printing calculator. It is compact yet very powerful to give you the results you need pretty fast. That being said, it can produce two lines in a second to ensure fast printing and entry. The calculator boasts a 12-digit display, which is 33-percent larger than other models in the same class. In addition, it has a comfortable large-key layout that makes it very easy to use not to mention reducing errors.
- Compact and portable
- Keystrokes are smooth and easy
- The price is right
- The large display is easy to read
- Instructions could be better
2. Canon 2 color mini-Desktop Printing Calculator (P23-DH V)
This calculator comes with a paper roll, an instruction manual, and a limited one-year warranty. This means you will be able to start using it immediately you get it. The calculator is equipped with a Date and Time function that will let you view both the date and time at a glance. What’s more, it has high-functioning keys that enable it to perform profit margin calculations. You will also know when its battery is low and needs replacement; thanks to the low battery indicator.
- Buttons feel very nice to press
- Adds and subtracts well
- Sturdy and very well made
- Has lots of functions for general accounting
- Instructions need more working
3. Canon Printing Calculator (MP11DX)
No calculator beats the Canon MP11DX model in design. Equipped with a sculpted key shape, the calculator boasts a spacious keyboard layout and maximum durability. We also like its brushed nickel finish, which seems to coordinate with a wide range of office decors. Additionally, the calculator has an easy-to-operate keypad that ensures quick entries. Its fluorescent display is large enough to display up to 12 digits at a go. The calculator includes quick-tax Calculations, cost-sell-margin, profit margin, and calendar/clock on display.
- Very convenient and works well
- The printout is clear and easy to read
- Fits in the hands nicely
- The screen is large and nice
- Buttons are small
4. Casio Plus – Handheld Printing Calculator (HR-8TM)
Given its small design and powerful performance, the Casio Plus – Handheld Printing Calculator will be a great addition to your accounting department. It can produce 1.6 lines in ones second and has a large display that can accommodate up to 12 digits. Moreover, the calculator is amazingly easy to use, considering that it has intuitive buttons. Well, some of these buttons are the tax keys, which allow for effortless calculation of amount less tax, amount plus tax, and tax amount.
- The price is reasonable
- Nicely compact for optimum portability
- The paper is easy to install and feeds perfectly
- You have to purchase a regulation size ink cartridge
5. Sharp EL-1801V 12-Digit 2-Color Printing Calculator
An occasional user working in a home office setting or a small office will love this 12-digit printing calculator. It has a super large fluorescent display that makes it extremely easy to view digits. Furthermore, it comes equipped with a 2.5-inks-per-second printer, which is extremely fast and reliable. The calculator also features cost-sell-margin keys for quick and easy profit margin calculations, as well as a professional keyboard layout for displaying and printing the change owed. Other keys that make this calculator handy for accounting are mark up, -tax, +tax, and right shift keys.
- The small footprint is great for crowded/small desk
- Very good quality for the price
- The fluorescent display is easy to read
- A little loud, but does the trick
6. Sharp EL-1197PIII Color Printing Calculator with Clock and Calendar
We didn’t see this coming; the Sharp EL-1197PIII has a built-in micro ban antimicrobial protection to inhibit the growth of bacteria that can damage it. It is great for heavy-duty use in the office, considering its solid build quality. Its mark-up key is perfect for performing percent changes, mark-ups, automatic add-on/discounts, and cost/sell/margin calculations. The calculator also has a 12-digit display and 2-color printing. Plus it displays and prints time and date. It is AC powered, and this further improves its performance.
- Keys are laid out well for comfortable use
- Fast and compact for maximum reliability
- The price is affordable
- Arrives quickly and well packaged
- Tends to make a loud buzzing sound
7. Sharp EL-1750V 12 Digit 2-Color Printing Calculator
You will not go wrong with this 12-digit printing calculator because it is designed with convenience in mind. It is the go-to product for an occasional user working in a home office setting or small office. The calculator has cost-sell-margin keys, which allow for quick and easy profit margin calculations. It is powered by AC or DC as well as 4 AA batteries, which provide backup in case of power outages. The calculator comes with instructions, metal paper holder, warranty information, and, of course, an AC adapter.
- The footprint is smaller for convenience
- The numerical is easy to read
- The price is good and the shipping fast
- The screen is somewhat hard to see
8. Casio Business Calculator (HR-150TM Plus)
Like a number of printing calculators we have reviewed earlier, the Casio HR-150TM Plus has 2 color printing. Well, the colors are red and black, meaning you will be able to get the best out of the unit. Another feature that is a plus in this calculator is the 12-digit display, which is around 33-percent larger than other models with similar features. The plastic keys of this calculator are also large; hence, they are extremely easy to press.
- The price is a bargain
- The paper roll stays in place
- Can be powered by batteries
- Displays numbers nicely and in big sizes
- Durable and well made
- Keys do not press easily
9. Sharp Two-Color Printing Calculator (EL-2630PIII)
Like the Sharp EL-1197PIII, the Sharp EL-2630PIII has its keys made with a Microban AntiMicrobial Agent, which reduces bacteria and microbes, thereby, preventing it from discoloring or becoming odorous. Another feature that makes the calculator a standout performer is the reliable and fast 4.8 lines-per-second ribbon printer. What’s more, this calculator is best for professionals who charge per hour, considering that it has a Time Calculation feature, which allows for computation of payroll sheets, billing time, fees, and time cards.
- Comes in an excellent condition
- The printer is super fast
- Digits are easy to read
- Reasonably priced and works great
- The “Total” key seems to be on the wrong side
10. Sharp Desktop Calculator (EL-2196BL)
Unlike many printing calculators, the Sharp EL-2196BL model displays modern styling that will definitely compliment any contemporary desktop décor. Besides, this calculator has a fast ribbon printer that produces 3.7 lines per second. It also features a large fluorescent display that not only displays up to 12 digits but also allows for easy viewing regardless of the lighting conditions. The keys of this printing calculator have a Microban Antimicrobial protection, which reduces the growth of bacteria and microbes.
- The ink tape and roll tape are easy to change
- Keys are easy to see and have a substantial feel
- Arrives fast and prints quickly
- Instructions are a little vague
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Printing Calculator
Identifying a suitable printing calculator from the flooded market should not be a daunting task. This is because there are several buyer’s guides, like this one, that will tell you what to do. For this reason, take a look at the factors listed here.
The best printing calculator for accountants should have reliable and fast ribbon printers. This makes work much easier as well as promoting convenience. Therefore, consider printing calculators that can produce at least two lines per second.
The display of a printing calculator you go for should be large enough to let you view results and numbers easily. Also, if possible, consider fluorescent displays because they produce visible numbers regardless of the lighting condition.
Because printing calculators are used almost daily, it is recommended that you buy a solidly built product that will hold up well to everyday use. So, be sure to go for units that are made of strong materials rather than weak plastics.
Most printing calculators are AC/DC powered. And as much as this has its advantages, it also has a number of drawbacks. For example, a printing calculator that depends entirely on electricity is likely to inconvenience you during power outages. With this in mind, be sure to choose a printing calculator that can be powered by batteries as well.
Although almost all printing calculators work, having one that has more advanced features is important. This is because you will be able to use it for many different accounting tasks. In this piece, we have talked comprehensively about the best printing calculators and how you can get one. That being said, we hope that you have already identified a suitable product for your needs.