- Check out the Best Photo Scanners for Mac in Reviews
- 1. Epson Perfection V600 Corded Photo Scanner
- 2. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Scanner for Mac and PC
- 3. Canon CanoScan LiDE220 Photo and Document Scanner
- 4. Epson Perfection V550 Color Photo Scanner with 6400 dpi (B11B210201)
- 5. Epson Perfection V370 Color Photo Scanner
- 6. Epson Perfection V39 Photo Scanner
- 7. Avision IS15+ Portable Scanner for Photos & Cards
- 8. KODAK SCANZA Digital Film & Slide Scanner
- 9. Epson WorkForce ES-400 Scanner for PC and Mac
- 10. Plustek Photo Scanner – ephoto Z300
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Photo Scanner for Mac
The best photo scanners for Mac are what you should consider if you want to enjoy scanning your old photos. They have great technologies and high DPI resolutions, which enable them to produce beautiful photos. They are also versatile, and, therefore, can be used to scan receipts, handwritten notes, and documents. Besides, top quality photo scanners for Mac are easy to use and work smoothly with Mac. Plus they work pretty fast to help you scan lots of photos within a short time. Nevertheless, finding these premium photo scanners can be quite hard. That’s why we urge you to go through the following reviews.
Check out the Best Photo Scanners for Mac in Reviews
1. Epson Perfection V600 Corded Photo Scanner
The Epson V600 Photo Scanner gets the first place in these reviews because its performance is nearly unmatched. The machine is built with versatility in mind, and, therefore, you can depend on it to help you scan negatives, slides, and medium-format films. The photo scanner can also remove the appearance of creases and tears from damaged photos. It has 6400 x 9600 dpi resolution that ensures sharp and vivid reproductions up to 17-by-22 inches. Apart from photos and 3D objects, this high-performance unit can scan invoices and receipts. It offers a complete photo restoration solution, considering that it has such features as DIGITAL ICE for prints and films, Arcsoft Photostudio, and one-touch color restoration.
- It helps improve photos
- Handles prints of any size up to 8×10
- Great for film enthusiasts
- Durable for long-lasting performance
- Takes a little bit of time to scan
2. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Scanner for Mac and PC
Scanning your documents, old photos, and/or receipts will help you get more organized. And the machine you can turn to for this is the Fujitsu iX500 Scanner. It is compatible with iOS and Windows devices, meaning it will let you scan via Wi-Fi or USB cord to tablets, laptops, and smartphone devices. It is highly versatile, and, therefore, can be used for a wide range of applications. With that said, you can use this machine to scan documents, business cards, receipts, drawings, photos, and handwritten notes. The unit comes equipped with intelligent scan correction technology, which performs a quick quality check on the scans. Its software is easy to use to ensure exceptional results.
- Scans, indexes, and saves pages
- Works incredibly quickly to ensure ultimate convenience
- Easy to set up and use
- The one-touch feature is a nice addition
- Does not have TWAIN/WIA scanner drivers
3. Canon CanoScan LiDE220 Photo and Document Scanner
There is no way we could leave out this photo and document scanner from Canon. It has advanced features that work with its ease of operation to deliver the needed results. It offers an optimum optical resolution of 4800 x 4800 dpi to make sure that photos and documents it scans are amazingly clear. Additionally, this machine features a vivid 48-bit color depth, which can produce more than 281 trillion possible colors. It also boasts an auto document fix feature, which automatically produces stunning scans using area-by-area data correction and advanced image analysis. The scanner comes with the My Image Garden5 (a convenient software package) that makes organizing photos fun and easy.
- Easy to set up
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Works fast to ensure maximum convenience
- Produces great-looking and clear scans
- The software leaves a lot to be desired
4. Epson Perfection V550 Color Photo Scanner with 6400 dpi (B11B210201)
Performance, versatility, and quality are all packed in this high functioning scanner from Epson. This unit is equipped with a 6400 dpi resolution that enables it to produce sharp and vivid images. And as far as its versatility is concerned, this photo scanner for Mac will let you scan slides, films, photos, negatives, and even everyday documents. The scanner makes it extremely easy to come up with enlargements that are up to 17” x 22”. It will automatically upload your scans to Picasa, Facebook, and popular cloud services, among others. Besides, it has the Easy Photo Fix feature that will let you restore your old photos and negatives at the touch of a button.
- Easy to use and produces quality files
- It has numerous advanced features
- Does an amazing job on slides
- The software could be better
5. Epson Perfection V370 Color Photo Scanner
You can do virtually anything if you have the Epson V370 Color Photo Scanner. It is a powerful performer that makes it super easy to create enlargements or archive photos and documents. It has the built-in transparency unit that works with the 4800 x 9600 dpi optical resolution to help produce clear photos. With this unit, you will have an easy time scanning directly to cloud services such as Evernote, Google Docs, MS SharePoint, and more; thanks to the Document Capture software. The photo scanner also boasts one-touch buttons to help you scan to email and copy. Plus it is equipped with the Epson exclusive ReadyScan Technology, which eliminates warm-up time, thereby, allowing it to scan fast.
- Perfect for those who live in hurricane, fire, and flood-prone areas
- Makes shooting films practical
- Great for scanning negatives
- Versatile; scans photos, negatives, and documents
- The longevity is suspect
6. Epson Perfection V39 Photo Scanner
Scanning, restoring, and sharing your photos is now much easier than ever before. And that is because of this premium quality photo scanner from Epson. It is equipped with a 4800 dpi optical resolution that allows it to deliver top-notch scans. The scanner works quite fast, and it does not require a warm-up time. It is also versatile enough to make everyday scanning simple. The machine will let you scan to Facebook, Google Drive, Evernote, and other cloud services. Plus you can use it to scan directly to emails and PDFs. The scanner features a built-in kickstand that makes it possible to be placed in a vertical position in order to save space.
- The software is really helpful
- Lightweight, compact and delivers good results
- The price is reasonable
- Extremely easy to use and store
- Gets the job done without any issues
- Quite loud
7. Avision IS15+ Portable Scanner for Photos & Cards
Avision knows that you want a top quality photo scanner for Mac. That’s why they are pleased to bring you this portable unit. Small and feather-light, this scanner for photos and cards can easily be carried from one place to another. Moreover, it can operate without a PC, and this further improves its portability. The scanner will let you scan photos and save images quickly and easily. To achieve all these, simply plug your choice of storage to the unit and then save the images to a memory card or a USB flash drive. This scanner boasts a resolution of 300dpi and even has an automatic document feeding mechanism.
- Will let you scan without being connected to a computer
- Scans very quickly and easily
- Little enough to be used anywhere
- Takes a bit of effort to get a good scan
8. KODAK SCANZA Digital Film & Slide Scanner
Having the KODAK SCANZA Digital Film & Slide Scanner is highly recommended. This is because it converts films to JPEG without forcing you to incur the pocket-unfriendly costs. The unit comes with a large and bright 3.5-inch TFT LCD to ensure easy operation and quick viewing of images. In addition, it boasts an intuitive user interface that includes a helpful tray and insert directory. It works with both Mac and PC to ensure optimum convenience. Still on convenience, the unit comes with a USB power cable, HDMI cable, AC adapter, free film cleaning brush, and video cable. This digital film and slide scanner is designed with incredible simplicity as observed through its large and comfortable buttons.
- Has a good concept
- The price is inexpensive
- Its resolution is fairly good
- Ideal for capturing memories
- Works very fast and amazingly well
- Not the best in cropping images
9. Epson WorkForce ES-400 Scanner for PC and Mac
With single-step technology, this scanner can capture both sides in a single pass. Well, this was enough to convince us to include it on this list. Another impressive feature that the scanner has is the Epson ScanSmart powerful software, which makes scanning easy. Because of the intuitive software, you will be able to upload, email, and preview, among others. The scanner comes with TWAIN driver that will allow you to connect to most document management software with ease. This scanner for Mac and PC also boasts built-in Nuance OCR (Optical Character Recognition) that will help you create searchable PDFs as well as editable Excel and Word files. Plus it has a robust 50-page Auto Document Feeder, which enables it to effortlessly scan loads of paper.
- Looks nice and works fast
- Accurate and does not miss pages
- The twain driver works well
- Has problems scanning directly to One Note, Dropbox, and Evernote
10. Plustek Photo Scanner – ephoto Z300
We must agree that when you have the Plustek Photo Scanner – ephoto Z300, then you will have an easy time scanning documents and photos. The scanning machine supports 3×5, 8×10, 5×7, and 4×6 inches size photos. It also supports A4 size paper. It is easy to use, and it operates quite fast. That said, it scans one 4” x 6” photo in 2 seconds only and one 8” x 10” photo in just 5 seconds. Because of its amazing speed, the scanner will let you convert around 1000 photos to digitize files in one afternoon. Ideally, it is easy to use in the sense that it scans photos immediately you insert them.
- Produces premium quality scans
- Arrives on time and in great condition
- Makes scanning photos an easy task
- The software works well
- Edits and auto crops photos
- The customer support should be improved
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Photo Scanner for Mac
Even with the above reviews, you can still struggle to find the best photo scanner for your Mac or PC. That’s why we have come up with these factors as well.
You must make sure that your photo scanner has a high DPI resolution. This is because a top-notch resolution will greatly contribute to enhancing the overall appearance of the scanned photo. So, go for devices with DPI resolutions that are 4800 x 4800, 4800 x 9600 or 6400 x 9600.
If the software of your photo scanner for Mac or PC does not work as expected, then do not expect so much from the machine. Therefore, before you buy a photo scanner, ensure that its software works well both in terms of being intuitive and delivering results.
Having a photo scanner that takes a long time to scan photos and documents can be quite frustrating. That said, consider those machines that are designed to work and deliver results pretty fast. This will let you scan lots of photos within the shortest time possible.
It is always great to have a versatile unit. And the best photo scanners are not just designed to scan photos but also they are great for scanning other stuff such as documents, receipts, and even handwritten notes. Having a versatile photo scanner is much convenient, given that you can rely on it for almost anything.
Converting photos to files used to be quite daunting not to mention being pricey. But with the introduction of photo scanners for Mac, all the hassles of converting photos to files are a distant memory. This is because the devices work fast and most of them are very versatile. That being said, we hope you have already chosen one to help you scan your old photos and negatives.