- List the Best Paper Shredders in Reviews
- 1. AmazonBasics 6-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- 2. AmazonBasics 12-Sheet Micro-Cut Paper Shredder
- 3. AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- 4. Fellowes Powershred 79Ci Cut Shredder (16 Sheet Capacity)
- 5. Bonsaii DocShred C560-D 6-Sheet Micro-Cut Shredder
- 6. Fellowes Powershred 99Ci Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- 7. Bonsaii EverShred C149-C 18-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- 8. AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Strip-Cut Paper Shredder
- 9. AmazonBasics 24-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- 10. AmazonBasics 15-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Paper Shredders
Although they were initially designed for shredding papers, paper shredders have gradually advanced and become versatile. This means modern paper shredders are also ideal for destroying unwanted credit cards, bank statements, CDs, and DVDs, among others. Because of this, paper shredders are a must-have in any office setup. They eliminate the need to carelessly dispose of confidential info by shredding papers and destroying unwanted documents into tiny strips. Ideally, paper-shredding machines have different sheet capacities, and it is recommended that you choose one that fits the bill as well as meeting your needs. With this in mind, check out our comprehensive top 10 best paper shredders in 2019 reviews.
List the Best Paper Shredders in Reviews
1. AmazonBasics 6-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
With this powerful paper shredder, you will be able to shred documents with several pages in a minute. It turns paper into strips measuring 7/32” by 1-27/32” in a snap. Given its efficiency, it can shred several documents including credit-card bills, insurance packets, ATM receipts, mortgage statements, and pay stubs, among other unwanted materials. This paper shredder can even shred credit cards, although, you should be keen enough to only shred one credit card at a time. It boasts an auto start function and manual reverse to help clear paper jams.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Simple and works great
- Reasonably priced for easy purchase
- Has a safety switch
- A little smaller than expected
2. AmazonBasics 12-Sheet Micro-Cut Paper Shredder
This paper shredder is number two on our list because it can destroy papers and other documents into tiny pieces measuring 5/32-by-5/32 inches at a rate of 6ft/minute. Other than papers, this shredding machine can shred documents such as CDs and DVDs. Ideally, the shredder comes equipped with a manual reverse and auto start function to help clear paper jams. To let you buy it with brimming confidence, AmazonBasics has provided a 1-year limited warranty.
- Reliable and works well
- Shreds to nice tiny bits
- Has caster wheels for effortless mobility
- Comes with a large 6.7-gallon capacity bin
- A little noisy
3. AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
Another product from AmazonBasics, this paper shredder is designed to shred papers into strips measuring 3/16”-by-1-27/32”. By so doing, the shredder will meet security level P3 standards. Another stunning feature that makes this shredder a stand-out is the angled feed entry for safety. Well, the angled feed comes with manual reverse and auto start mode to clear paper jams. Also, this machine features an integrated lifting handle, which makes it extremely easy to empty. The manufacturer has protected it with a 1-year limited warranty for worry-free buying.
- Very quiet and works great
- The price is right
- Transparent window promotes convenience
- Tends to jam, but only when filled with several papers
4. Fellowes Powershred 79Ci Cut Shredder (16 Sheet Capacity)
One unique thing about Fellowes is that it can shred up to 16 sheets of paper in just one pass. It can also be used to safely shred CDs, DVDs, paper clips, junk mail, staples, and credit cards. The shredder comes equipped with the patented SafeSense Technology, which has an electronic safety sensor that not only surrounds the paper entry but also automatically disables the shredder in the event that hands touch the paper opening. Besides, this shredder offers three levels of advanced jam prevention to eliminate paper jams as it powers through tough jobs.
- Powerful yet works quietly
- The removable drawer is handy
- The built-in waste basket works well
- Does not hold a lot of shredded papers
5. Bonsaii DocShred C560-D 6-Sheet Micro-Cut Shredder
To eliminate the inconvenience of having to empty it every now and then, the Bonsaii DocShred C560-D 6-Sheet Micro-Cut Shredder comes equipped with a 4-gallon wastebasket. It also has a convenient handle design that makes disposing of waste a breeze. About shredding papers, this machine destroys up to 6 sheets of A4 size papers within a minute. And this is down to its incredible speed that can reach 6.2 feet in one minute. There is also the 8.7-inch entry slot that facilitates the shredding process.
- The handle is well centered
- The size is perfect
- Very quiet and does the job perfectly
- The window promotes convenience
- Struggles with 6 sheets
6. Fellowes Powershred 99Ci Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
We are thrilled with the fact that this cross-cut paper shredder is equipped with 100-percent Jam Proof System that gets rid of paper jams. As a result, you will be able to use it for tough jobs knowing that it will not jam. Another impressive feature that this paper shredder has is the 9-gallon pull-out bin that has everything it takes to make your work much easier. Plus it comes equipped with an LED bin-full indicator to let you know when you need to empty it.
- Takes many more sheets than most shredders
- Powerful but not noisy
- Super quiet and very safe
- The quality could be better
7. Bonsaii EverShred C149-C 18-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
Most shredders are noisy, but, with a noise level of 62 dB, the Bonsaii EverShred C149-C model is probably not in the list of “noisemakers”. This means you will be able to use it without disrupting activities in the office. The shredder features 4 casters that make it easy to move anywhere. Plus it has a 6-gallon wastebasket, which is big enough to help with the frequent emptying. The auto start and auto reverse functions protect this shredder against jamming.
- Quieter than the average shredder
- Not prone to jamming
- Handles heavyweight papers with much ease
- Takes up to 8 pages with no issue
- A little expensive
8. AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Strip-Cut Paper Shredder
Working at a rate of 9.84 feet in one minute, the AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Strip-Cut Shredder quickly turns paper into 1/4-inch-wide strips. It works great and delivers enough power to destroy credit-card bills, ATM receipts, pay stubs, mortgage statement, and insurance packets. Additionally, this paper shredder shreds papers into cross sections, and this is more secure than strip-cut shredding as well as faster than micro-cut shredding. To prove that this shredder is quality, the manufacturer has provided a 1-year limited warranty.
- Works great and does not jam
- It’s a good value for the price
- The compact size is convenient
- Has a nice, shiny finish that looks great
- Makes wide strips of shredded papers
9. AmazonBasics 24-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
The AmazonBasics Cross-Cut Paper Shredder shreds papers into strips measuring 7/32” by 1-27/32”. It has a 24-sheet capacity to make sure you can shred as many papers as possible at one go. In addition, the cross-cut paper shredder is versatile and powerful enough to destroy CDs, DVDs, and credit cards. Its temperature tends to increase as it runs, but should it surpass specific dangerous temperatures, then it will shut off. Besides, the shredder features a 7-gallon pull-out bin that will take in several shredded papers, thereby, eliminating the need to empty it every now and then.
- Has a powerful motor
- Included wheels make mobility a breeze
- Does not jam easily
- It is a little difficult to empty
10. AmazonBasics 15-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
Because it is designed to help you shred confidential info in a snap, this cross-cut paper shredder is perfect for public and home offices. It works faster and can quickly turn up to 15 sheets of paper at a time into short strips measuring 3/16-by-1-7/32 inches. It has a high-performing slot, which includes a helpful guider for smooth insertion of all the unwanted credit cards, DVDs, and CDs. Moreover, its noise level is around 66 – 68 dB, which is fairly low, considering how powerful and fast it is.
- Works as advertised
- Has a professional appearance
- Much sturdier and quieter than most shredders
- Does not activate with a small amount of paper
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Paper Shredders
Apart from a suitable type of a paper shredder, there are a number of factors to consider when purchasing these machines. Let’s get started.
The Sheet Capacity
This is the number of sheets a paper shredder can shred at a go. On that note, you should go for a paper shredder with a large sheet capacity if you have several papers or unwanted documents to shred. But if you are buying it for light-duty tasks go for one with a small sheet capacity. After all, light-duty paper shredders are cheaper.
Maximum Run Time
The maximum run time is basically the time taken by a paper shredder to stay on and off. This means the paper shredder you go for should stay on longer and off shorter compared to other models. For example, choosing a paper shredder that can stay on for 30 minutes and then cool for 40 minutes is not a bad idea.
You are highly unlikely to use your newly acquired paper shredder to shred papers only. For this reason, consider a versatile paper shredder that can also damage unwanted CDs, DVDs, credit-card bills, insurance packets, ATM receipts, mortgage statements, and pay stubs, among others. Such paper shredders make things much easier and faster.
There are many ways to get rid of confidential information, and the use of a paper shredder is so far the best. Unlike burning or manual tearing of papers, shredding your papers using a paper shredder is convenient and much faster. Additionally, paper shredders can be used to get rid of “tough” unwanted documents such as CDs, DVDs, and credit cards. You will be very lucky if you can choose one of the above brands today.