- Check out the Best Mountaineering Boots Reviews
- 1. La Sportiva Men’s Makalu Mountaineering Boot
- 2. KEEN Men’s Voyageur Hiking Shoe
- 3. SCARPA Mont Blanc GTX Mountaineering Boots
- 4. FREE SOLDIER Men’s Outdoor Work Boot
- 5. SCARPA Wrangell GTX Mountaineering Boot
- 6. wa Men’s Crow GTX Mountaineering Boots
- 7. SCARPA Men’s Mont Blanc Pro GTX Mountaineering Boot
- 8. Stacy Adams Men’s Mountaineer Lace-Up Boot
- 9. SCARPA Fuego Mountaineering Boot
- 10. SCARPA Men’s Zodiac Tech GTX Mountaineering Boot
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Mountaineering Boot
Mountaineering is a fun activity that you can make much better by having the right gear. In the following top 10 in 2019 reviews, we are going to discuss the best brands on the market. This is because we don’t want you to end up with the worst product. These reviews will also spare you the hassle of opening one page after the other in the name of searching for the best footwear. The mountaineering boots we have listed here are comfortable and have enough padding to keep your feet protected. They are also well built, so they can stand up to the harsh outdoor environment.
Check out the Best Mountaineering Boots Reviews
1. La Sportiva Men’s Makalu Mountaineering Boot
This mountaineering boot has what it takes to make your mountaineering adventures a success. It has locking D-rings to ensure that tensioning of boot laces is effortless and precise. It also has a lining that works by transporting moisture away from the skin, thereby, keeping you cool. Another feature that makes this mountaineering boot one of the best is the SBR Aircushion midsole that has a honeycomb heel grid, which flexes on impact to offer maximum comfort.
- Extremely solid and high quality
- Great for climbing and holds up well
- Can be used as a work boot
- Warm and comfortable
- The boot is a little stiffer than expected
2. KEEN Men’s Voyageur Hiking Shoe
One main reason why you should not ignore this hiking shoe is that it will help keep your foot cool, especially when you are under pressure. It has a mesh lining, which replaces a waterproof barrier, so you can enjoy continual airflow. Ideally, this hiking shoe will provide you with a sure grip on rough terrain. And this is because it has a rugged outsole with multi-directional lugs. It also provides torsional stability with its ESS shank.
- Breathe so well to prevent feet from becoming sweaty
- Has plenty of room in the toe box
- Gives extra support and an excellent width
- The extra width may not be of great help if you have narrow feet
3. SCARPA Mont Blanc GTX Mountaineering Boots
If you try these mountaineering boots for the first time, you will agree with us that they are the ultimate all-around mountaineering boots. Well, we are saying this because the boots are equipped with ErgoFit system, which offers Omni-directional progressive flex. The ErgoFit system also encourages greater support and a natural gait. Although these boots look amazingly well made, they are lightweight, and, therefore, perfect for climbing. Their Gore-Tex membrane will keep your feet comfortable and dry as you do the climbing.
- Keeps feet dry and comfortable
- Offers optimum shock absorbency and sensitivity
- Great for climbing and seems well made
- Only available in one color
4. FREE SOLDIER Men’s Outdoor Work Boot
The 1000 denier nylon is not just water repellent but also it is one of the strongest. Moreover, there are air vents that wick away moisture to help keep feet dry quickly. As such, you will be amazingly comfortable while doing the climbing. Talking of comfort; this outdoor tactical duty work boot features a fully gusseted tongue. Well, the gusseted tongue also prevents debris and dirt from entering the boot. Lastly, this boot features stretch nylon laces that can be tied in two laps.
- Comfortable enough to be worn for long periods
- Very light and fits nicely
- Suitable for literally any situation
- May be a little uncomfortable at first
5. SCARPA Wrangell GTX Mountaineering Boot
This mountaineering boot is heavy-duty, and, therefore, will hold up well to the adverse outdoor terrain. It has a protective rubber toe rand that works with the supportive extra tall cuff to make sure that your feet are totally protected. Furthermore, this mountaineering boot features GORE-TEX waterproof lining to help keep your feet dry. Plus it has a comfort ankle flex zone to enable it to provide extra comfort. Since this boot is designed for climbing, it is equipped with Vibram traction outsole.
- Waterproof and extremely comfortable
- The size fits well
- The natural leather is well made and looks great
- The toe box is a little smaller
6. wa Men’s Crow GTX Mountaineering Boots
These mountaineering boots are great not just for mountaineering but also perfect for alpine climbing; glacier travel, and alpine trekking. These boots are versatile because they are designed like this. They have interchangeable footbeds that will adjust to the shape of your foot, making sure that you are totally comfortable. They also have a stiff midsole that works with crampon construction to offer surefootedness and maximum traction on a variety of terrains. The shaft of these boots measures around 5.5-inch from the arch and this is just fine.
- The lacing system is great
- Rugged yet very comfortable
- Waterproof and suitable for hiking
- The bottom is very stiff
7. SCARPA Men’s Mont Blanc Pro GTX Mountaineering Boot
This is another great product from SCARPA. It is a must-have when you are planning to go for an adventure in a frozen place. The mountaineering boot is made with Vibram Total Traction sole that will prevent you from slipping anyhow. It also has Pro-Fiber XT20 insoles that offer plenty of support. And its rubber rand is all-around to protect it and your feet from the ice and sharp rocks. The boot promises to evenly spread lace tensions across the entire foot since it has the ribs technology.
- Great for hard mountain hiking
- Very comfortable right out of the box
- Sturdy and has a nice fit
- A little narrower than most brands
8. Stacy Adams Men’s Mountaineer Lace-Up Boot
You cannot go wrong with a pair of boots made by a 100+-year-old company. In other words, this lace-up boot will prove why you chose it over the other brands. Its upper is made of leather to make sure it is incredibly durable. The outsole, on the other hand, is made of EVA for ultimate comfort. Since this boot has a lace-up design, expect it to fit well, just the way you want.
- The fit is excellent
- Arrives in three colors to choose from
- Looks cool and casual
- Comfortable, lightweight, and very easy to maintain
- Not the best when it comes to durability
9. SCARPA Fuego Mountaineering Boot
In our opinion, foresters and wild firefighters should go against all odds to have this mountaineering boot. This is because it is equipped with a tall cuff that offers maximum protection. Moreover, this boot has a gusseted tongue to provide extra protection. It is the kind of boot that you will be able to walk in with peace of mind since its upper is durable and looks ready to overcome any kind of environment.
- Well made and durable
- Very light to make maneuverability a breeze
- Comfortable enough to make hiking enjoyable
- Has amazing padding around the ankles
- The fit is spot on
- A little stiffer than usual
10. SCARPA Men’s Zodiac Tech GTX Mountaineering Boot
This mountaineering boot has all the reasons to be here. It combines a long-lasting, weatherproof design with a technically precise fit to give you the best results ever. Its weatherproof design can handle anything including the massive approach to the summit snow slopes. What’s more, the rubber rand of this mountaineering boot is extended, so it can offer both protection and performance. Despite being very durable, this boot still manages to provide the foot with maximum comfort. And it achieves that through its PU and EVA midsole.
- Tough yet extremely light
- Waterproof and breathable for optimum comfort
- The sole and materials are great
- The uppers and lacing system could be better
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Mountaineering Boot
Consider the following factors to help you get the best footwear.
You must make sure your mountaineering boots fit well. This is because an improperly fitting boot may put your success in jeopardy. Well, to make sure your mountaineering boot fits perfectly, take time to go through customer reviews and even the sizing chart.
Since mountaineering adventures can be adverse, it is advisable that you go for an insulated mountaineering boot. Apart from comfort, insulated mountaineering boots offer warmth, which is much-needed in cold conditions. And by keeping your feet warm, an insulated mountaineering boot will allow you to walk in them for a pretty long time.
You should make sure that the mountaineering boot you are set to go for is well constructed. That being said, you should go for a mountaineering boot that is strong enough to stand up to anything the outdoor environment throws at it. Ideally, the construction should not sacrifice comfort for durability.
Mountaineering boots are an important addition to the footwear collection of any outdoorsman. They are designed to make such outdoor activities as hiking and mountaineering fun and much easier. Although these boots are pricier than ordinary footwear, they are worth it. And this is because of how they perform. Should you be looking for one, this is the place for you.