- Check out the Best HDD for Gaming Reviews
- 1. WD 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Desktop Hard Drive
- 2. WD Black 1TB Performance Mobile Hard Disk Drive
- 3. Silicon Power 2TB External Hard Drive
- 4. Seagate 2TB BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DM006)
- 5. Seagate 4TB Game Drive for Xbox One (STEA4000402)
- 6. Seagate 2TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive (ST2000LM015)
- 7. Seagate 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD (ST2000DX002)
- 8. Fantom Drives 2TB PS4 SSHD Upgrade Kit
- 9. Toshiba 2TB Desktop 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive
- 10. Hitachi 2TB Internal Desktop Hard Drive (Certified Refurbished)
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best HDD for Gaming
The best HDD for gaming has several benefits that ordinary HDDs do not have. For instance, they have the hugest storage capacity, which enables them to keep all files, games, movies, and music yet still leave a space. This means, when you have them, installing and reinstalling your favorite games will be a thing of the past. They also have great write and read speeds because the manufacturer understands how annoying slow speeds can be. Best of all, premium quality HDDs for gaming come with great warranties not just to convince you to buy but also to protect them from other defects. In these reviews, we have talked about these high-quality HDDs for gaming in details. Take a look.
Check out the Best HDD for Gaming Reviews
1. WD 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Desktop Hard Drive
This HDD is designed to boost the performance of your PC, so it can allow you to enjoy your gaming moments. It is backed by IntelliSeek technology that allows it to calculate optimum seek speed in order to minimize power consumption, vibration, and noise. It also boasts advanced algorithms that monitor it continuously to make sure that it stays in optimum health. Another great technology is the NoTouch Ramp Load Technology that will protect your data by safely positioning the recording head off the surface of the disk. The drive is well made and the manufacturer even provides a 2-year manufacturer limited warranty to protect against defects.
- Ships in a WD-certified box for safe transit during shipping
- Works on different computer models perfectly
- The price is unbeatable
- Easy to install in desktop
- Great for professionals, gamers, and system builders
- The longevity could be better
2. WD Black 1TB Performance Mobile Hard Disk Drive
If you want to enhance your PC experience, look no further than this hard disk drive from WD. It is equipped with 1TB of storage, and it runs at 7200 RPM, making it one of the fastest HDD for gaming. That said, this device is great for gamers, photographers, video editors, and digital artists. It comes with the industry-leading 5-year limited warranty, and this means it is a reliable brand you can trust. Like the first product, this unit comes in a WD-certified box to ensure its safety during shipping. Plus it is backed by various technologies, which make it easy to use as well as enhancing its performance.
- Provides more storage than you will need
- Easy to install in the PS4
- Gives a noticeable performance boost
- Seems to last longer than most models
- A little louder than usual
3. Silicon Power 2TB External Hard Drive
With the introduction of the Silicon Power 2TB External Hard Drive, deleting of games is now a forgotten story. And this is because this HDD for gaming is designed to help you free up the storage of your console’s internal drive for PS4 and Xbox. The external hard drive is extremely easy to use since all you need to do is to plug it directly into your USB port on your PlayStation 4 or Xbox console and then run through an easy setup process, which requires a few minutes. Furthermore, the drive will not be brought down by crushes, spraying water or dust because it is water-resistant and boasts military-grade shockproof body.
- Protected against defects up to 3 years
- The cord connects to its (HDD’s) body
- Mobile and very easy to use
- Fine featured and amazingly fast
- The lifespan is quite short
4. Seagate 2TB BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DM006)
Dependability and versatility are what determine the overall performance of an HDD for gaming. That’s why we are glad to include this 2TB internal hard drive from Seagate. Although its performance and design are inspired by the past, it is more than ready for the future. It will provide you with a cost-effective way to handle all your PC needs whether it is for playing, working or storing your movies and music. Moreover, it has a massive capacity, so it can store all of your things, making sure that you do not have any issues with space. The drive also boasts Instant Secure Erase, which ensures easy and safe drive retirement.
- Seems to be of good quality
- Easy to set up
- Has read and write speeds between 200 and 300mb/s
- The price is decent
- The idle noise is pretty loud
5. Seagate 4TB Game Drive for Xbox One (STEA4000402)
Boosting the storage capacity of your console has never been easy. But now there is the Seagate 4TB Game Drive for Xbox One. It is exclusively designed for Xbox One, and this means it will not be a letdown in delivering peerless performance. It features a slim size that will surely fit anywhere, making it easy to carry from place to place. The slim profile, however, does not mean that this external drive has insufficient storage space. If anything, it is rated 4TB, which is more than enough to store your substantial game collection and even still remain with some space for music and videos.
- Has a massive amount of storage
- Works exactly as advertised
- Very easy to install and use
- Loads much faster to ensure maximum convenience
- Sleek and its price is inexpensive
- Seems to miss 800GB of storage space
6. Seagate 2TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive (ST2000LM015)
Like other gaming HDD from Seagate, this one is dependable and versatile to ensure maximum satisfaction. It promises to take the performance of your PC to a whole new level; thanks to its MTC (Multi-Tier Caching Technology). Furthermore it is available in a variety of capacities (500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, and 5TB) to choose from. That being said, you will have absolutely no problem settling for exactly what you want. To give you peace of mind during purchase, this internal hard drive comes with a 2-year limited manufacturer warranty. It works great and we are certain that it will help you solve your PC’s storage issues.
- Gives an instant performance boost
- Works great with PlayStation 4
- Eliminates the need to continuously install and reinstall games
- Arrives in good condition
- The price is reasonable
- Not the fastest in the market
7. Seagate 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD (ST2000DX002)
You are definitely looking for a gaming HDD that can perform ferociously not to mention providing you with superior storage. Well, you have one; the Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD. Because of its unmatched performance, this solid state hybrid drive will let you play or work much faster than expected. It also boasts superior storage of 2TB that will spare you the hassle of having to delete files and games to free up space. The 2TB storage capacity can store up to 80 games. This SSHD comes with a 2-year limited warranty to protect it against original defects and workmanship. It also has the Instant Secure Erase, which ensures easy and safe drive retirement as well as using SED (Self-Encrypting Drive) models to protect data.
- Gives extra space for game saves
- Installs and integrates easily with Windows 10
- Reasonably priced and works quietly
- Slower than anticipated
8. Fantom Drives 2TB PS4 SSHD Upgrade Kit
You need a lot of accessories to increase the storage capacity of your PlayStation. And all of those accessories are in this upgrade kit. That said, the kit has a Seagate FireCuda SSHD, which comes with a 16-gigabyte USB3.0 Flash Drive, Carry Pouch, G-Force USB3.0 Enclosure, Micro USB 3.0 Cable, Screwdriver, and Installation Guide. It is a highly versatile unit that works with several consoles including PS3, PS4 PRO, PS4 SLIM, and PS4. It is backed by a 5-year warranty, so you can get it without any worries about potential damages. The upgrade kit will help you store innumerable games for ultimate convenience.
- Comes with clear and concise directions
- Its large capacity eliminates the need to delete games
- Sets up easily and works great
- Comes with everything needed to upgrade the gaming console
- May have a few imperfections, but the manufacturer always assists
9. Toshiba 2TB Desktop 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive
Toshiba knows that reliability and performance determine whether an HDD for gaming is good or bad. With that said, they have designed this 2TB Desktop 7200rpm internal hard drive with peerless performance and undisputed reliability in mind. As if that’s not enough, Toshiba has equipped the hard drive with Advanced Format technology to make it more efficient than other HDDs in the same class. Also, there are built-in shock sensors that combine with the ramp loading technology to improve the performance of this HDD for gaming. Apart from 2TB storage capacity, this device comes in 1TB, 3TB, and 500GB. It is designed for everyday desktop computing.
- The price is reasonable
- Works perfectly and delivers great performance
- Fast and operates quietly
- Seems to be more durable than most brands with similar features
- A bit noisy during the writing of data to the disk
10. Hitachi 2TB Internal Desktop Hard Drive (Certified Refurbished)
Although the Hitachi 2TB Internal Desktop Hard Drive is a refurbished product, it has been tested and inspected, so it can work and look like a new product. This means it has limited to zero signs of wear. It is highly compatible, and, therefore, can be used with Mac, PC, NAS, RAID, and CCTV Surveillance DVR. It has a capacity of 2TB and boasts high speeds up to 7200rpm. The 2TB capacity is large enough to provide sufficient space for all your files and games. Although it is refurbished, this product still comes with a 1-year warranty to protect against original defects. It also comes with relevant accessories to ensure that it is very easy to use.
- The price is competitive
- It has great copying speeds
- Arrives well packaged and looks brand new
- A great option for a home NAS or file server
- Can be pretty noisy under use
Buyer’s Guide for the Best HDD for Gaming
The following factors are worth paying attention to if you want to get a suitable HDD for your games.
The storage capacity of an HDD is what will make you choose one HDD over the other. This means if you have lots of files and games to store then you should consider an HDD with a high storage capacity. However, such HDDs can be costlier than the ones with smaller storage capacity. That being said, it is prudent to go for models with not so big storage capacity if you do not have insanely several games and files to store.
We must say that HDDs are a bit costly. Therefore, it can be painful if you buy one that only lasts for a few weeks and then it gets damaged. For this reason, make sure that your HDD has a reliable warranty that will really be handy in the event that it arrives defective or gets damaged prematurely.
It is quite irritating to have this HDD that cannot just operate quietly. Apart from distracting you, such HDDs are likely to be poor quality. So, when you are choosing an HDD for gaming, be sure to settle for one, which is not loud. To know whether an HDD operates quietly, go through customer reviews to check what they are saying about noise levels.
Although HDDs will not have a significant impact on your gaming experience, it is advisable that, as a gaming enthusiast, you have one. They take convenience to a whole new level by eliminating the need to uninstall and reinstall games because of insufficient space. That being said, we hope that you have already found one for your PC and gaming needs.