- List the Best Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Reviews
- 1. JuiceBox Pro 40 Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- 2. ChargePoint Wi-Fi Connected Electric Vehicle Charger
- 3. AeroVironment TurboCord 240 Volt EV Charger
- 4. Siemens US2 VC30GRYHW VersiCharge
- 5. Schneider Electric EV230WS Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- 6. AeroVironment TurboCord Dual EV Charger (120 & 240)
- 7. OrionMotorTech Level 2 Electric Car EV Charger (220V 16A)
- 8. OrionMotorTech Level 1 Electric Car Charger (110V 16A)
- 9. EV Gear Level 2 EV Charger
- 10. AeroVironment EV Charger: Plug-in, 25’
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Electric vehicles are much easier to use than other models. However, electric vehicles require regular charging, and that’s where an electric vehicle charging station comes into play. These units are portable, and, therefore, they can be used anywhere. This means you will not be inconvenienced by dead batteries. Most of them charge vehicles faster, and this makes them perfect for anyone on the go. Because of their convenient designs, electric vehicle charging stations make a perfect purchase for anyone with an electric car. So, go ahead and have a look at our top 10 best electric vehicle charging stations in 2019 reviews.
List the Best Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Reviews
1. JuiceBox Pro 40 Electric Vehicle Charging Station
This charging station is UL listed to let you know that it will not be harmful in any way. It is designed for home and apartments, where drivers may need a charging station. Because it is powerful, the electric charging station promises to quickly recharge the car battery between trips. It also makes a perfect purchase for those looking to control charging time in order to avoid peak electric rates or demands. Additionally, it is designed with convenience in mind, given that it can be used with any power source.
- Setup takes less than a half hour
- The app will tell you what is going on with your charger
- The app will let you know when it gets disconnected or comes back online
- Setting up the Wi-Fi is somewhat poorly implemented
2. ChargePoint Wi-Fi Connected Electric Vehicle Charger
This electric vehicle charger grabs the number two slot because it is compatible with Alexa. What’s more, we like the fact that it works with any EV on the road. As a result, you will buy it with confidence knowing that you will not be stranded with it on your side. Talking of confidence; the electric vehicle charger is UL listed to indicate that it is safety and quality tested. Since it is a level 2 EV charging station, expect it to add up to 25 miles of range per hour.
- Works really great to ensure outstanding results
- Fast and easy to use as well as install
- Looks great once installed
- Needs constant internet connection to charge vehicles
3. AeroVironment TurboCord 240 Volt EV Charger
It is worth spending your money on an electric vehicle charging station that meets UL certifications. That’s why we have not hesitated to introduce you to this particular product. The UL certification means the charging station has passed strict safety standards and undergone rigorous testing. Another reason why we recommend this device for you is that it does not require mounting, meaning installation will be a snap. It fits in the backpack and charges up to 3X faster.
- Great for pre-wired garages
- Works well on many different vehicles
- Lightweight and small for optimum portability
- Charges pretty faster than expected
- The cord is a little wobbly
4. Siemens US2 VC30GRYHW VersiCharge
Siemens has built this charging station to last, considering that they have backed it with a 3-year limited warranty for indoor use. In addition, they have made the charging station convenient by making it compatible with all J1772 complying cars as well as Tesla vehicles that use the charging adapter of Tesla. The front of the charger features pause and 2/4/6/8 hour delay functions to give you flexible control. This charging station comes with a convenient mounting bracket and a 14-foot charging cable.
- Simple to use and install
- Fits nicely in most garages
- Very light even when it has the cord
- The cable is shorter than usual
5. Schneider Electric EV230WS Electric Vehicle Charging Station
The Schneider Electric EV230WS model features a modern, customizable design that works with user-friendly features to allow you to charge your vehicle in a snap. It also features an intuitive LED display to let you control charging and even to check whether your vehicle is charging or not. Other features that make this electric vehicle charging station earn a place rightfully in these reviews are the indicator lights and stop button. Well, these features will let you know whether the charger requires attention or is ready for use.
- Reliable and good quality
- Works flawlessly to give exceptional results
- Installation takes around 30 minutes
- May arrive with a few defects, but the manufacturer is always ready to help
6. AeroVironment TurboCord Dual EV Charger (120 & 240)
Considering its wide compatibility, the dual EV charger is the provider of several vehicles including Hyundai, Kia, Ford, Nissan, Chevrolet, Mitsubishi, BMW, and Volvo. It is a product of an authentic company; hence, it comes with a UL certification to let you know that it is safe. Moreover, this unit is fairly easy to use, as all you need to do is to plug it into a NEMA 6 – 20 outlet for level 2 charging. If you want to use it for level 1 charging, simply use the 120V adapter in any standard outlet.
- Fits in the Volt’s charger slot
- Keeps the bulkiness to the minimum
- Very durable and works great
- The clip is flimsy and can break easily
7. OrionMotorTech Level 2 Electric Car EV Charger (220V 16A)
The OrionMotorTech Electric Car EV Charger is a level 2 charger that charges three times faster than a level 1 charger. It is also universally compatible, and, therefore, can be used with all plug-in EVs including Chevrolet Volt, Fiat 500E, Nissan Leaf, and Toyota Prius. Moreover, the electric car EV charger boasts UL recognized components. Plus it is compatible with a multi-power source, which includes an RV-type, a dryer, and a regular wall outlet. By so doing, this charger helps reduce the cost of installation.
- Offers protection against lightning
- Highly rated and works perfectly
- The LED readout is handy
- The cable is thicker and has a fantastic length
- The longevity should be improved
8. OrionMotorTech Level 1 Electric Car Charger (110V 16A)
We have also included the OrionMotorTech 110V 16A Electric Car Charger because it works with all plug-in EVs including Prius Prime, Fiat 500e, Nissan Leaf, Ford Focus Electric, Chevy Volt, and Toyota Prius, among others. The electric car charger is premium quality and very easy to use. To further prove that it is truly high quality, the manufacturer provides an overall 1-year warranty on every purchase. So, go ahead and buy it with confidence knowing that it is 100-percent replaceable should it be defective.
- Lasts longer and works wonderfully
- Lights are very bright
- UL recognized for safety and quality
- The cable tends to knot itself
9. EV Gear Level 2 EV Charger
The goal of the EV Gear Level 2 EV Charger is to make charging much easier than ever before. It is a standard J1772-2009 charging cable that will fit any electric vehicle regardless of the age or brand of the car. Besides, this EV charger is a level 2 charger; hence, it features 240 Volts 16 Amps. As such, expect it to charge your electric vehicle really fast. The unit comes with a 3-year warranty to give you confidence in buying and using it.
- Comes with an adapter for 120V trickle charging
- Has a decent price
- Technical, sturdy and works great
- Build quality is great
- Instructions are on the slim side, but this is no big issue
10. AeroVironment EV Charger: Plug-in, 25’
Since this charger is well made, expect it to charge up to 5X faster than an average charger. It comes with a standardized connector, ground fault shut off, auto restart circuit, and auto short circuit to make sure you have everything you need for optimum satisfaction. It is UL-listed and endorsed by automakers to give you confidence that you are purchasing a safe and quality product. The EV charger comes with a 3-year warranty to protect parts and labor.
- Easy to install and works great once installed
- Great for electric cars
- Installation instructions are clear
- Arrives fast to prevent inconveniences
- The cable is not long enough
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Before you buy an electric vehicle charging station, consider the following factors.
Because electric charging stations are new in the market, a number of them are very costly. As such, you may be forced to go past your budget to get one. However, if you have a fixed budget, you can consider others that are affordable. But should you go for them, note that they tend to sacrifice some features. So, be ready for that.
The Voltage/ Type
There are two types of electric chargers; level 1 and level 2. Level 1 electric chargers use 110 volts, and this makes them trickle charge. Level 2 electric chargers, on the other hand, use 220 – 240V; hence, they charge quite faster than level 1. If you prefer to trickle charge, a level 1 charger will do. But if you are always on the go, a level 2 charger is the best option.
The length of the cable determines the maneuverability and flexibility of an electric charger. With this in mind, try to go for a longer cable because this means more flexibility and maneuverability. A cable that measures 15 – 25 feet long is a better purchase.
Electric vehicle chargers eliminate the inconvenience of having to wait so long to charge your electric car. They are reliable and some are even portable, so you can use them anywhere. Additionally, some electric chargers come with mobile apps for easy monitoring of the charging process. Choosing one from the above list will, therefore, be the best move ever.