- Check out the Best Electric Blankets to buy in Reviews
- 1. Perfect Fit Micro-Fleece SoftHeat Electric Blanket
- 2. Sunbeam Quilted Heated Twin Fleece Electric Blanket
- 3. Sunbeam TSM8US Microplush Royal Blue Electric Blanket
- 4. Sunbeam Digital Controllers Plush King Electric Blanket
- 5. Biddeford 2064 Sherpa Electric Blanket
- 6. Serta Fleece Reversible Sherpa Electric Blanket
- 7. Sunbeam BSF9GQS Fleece Quilted Electric Blanket
- 8. Serta Sapphire Low-Voltage Fleece Luxe Electric Blanket
- 9. Shave Thermee Lilac Electric Blanket
- 10. Sunbeam Velvet Plush Channeled Electric Blanket
- Important factors to consider when choosing an electric blanket
When the winter comes, and there is a chill in the air, having an electric blanket would make you feel warm and cozy without needing layers of bulky and heavy blankets. More importantly, these units can allow you to reduce the thermostat in the bedroom during the cold months and save a lot of money on heating bills. However, not all products are good enough to use due to some maintenance and safety problems. Thus, keep in mind to do your own research and choose those models with advanced features such as thermostats, dual controls, or low-voltage regulators. After examining dozens of electric blankets on the market, we think that we would help you narrow down your options and choose the right choice. Keep reading our top 10 best electric blankets to buy in 2019 reviews if you want to learn more info.
Check out the Best Electric Blankets to buy in Reviews
1. Perfect Fit Micro-Fleece SoftHeat Electric Blanket
The Perfect Fit electric blanket only uses the softest plush materials on the market to maximize your comfort in the winter. Combined with safe and easy-to-use technology, you can warm up your body and feel cozy all night. It comes with a distinctive pre-heat function which enables you to make the whole bed warmer before you going to bed. Also, the zoned-heating dual controllers are integrated so that you can choose a suitable temperature for your body without disturbing your partners. The blanket is available in three different sizes, including Cal King, King, and Queen, to give you more options.
- Made from ultra-soft micro-fleece material
- Low-voltage technology to ensure safety when operating
- Automatically shut off after ten hours
- Backlit display for easy adjustments
- The heat might not distribute evenly
2. Sunbeam Quilted Heated Twin Fleece Electric Blanket
Featuring 10-hour automatic shutoff feature, the Sunbeam quilted twin electric blanket will give you peace of mind when operating during the night. When you are in sleep, it will turn off to prevent any electrical issues. With 10 heat settings, you can easily adjust the temperature to maximize the warmth and comfort in your bed. The advanced thermostat allows you to stay comfortable without consuming too much energy. It is estimated that this blanket can save up to 15% or 20% of monthly heating bills. More importantly, it is made of soft and premium fabric to deliver the ultimate softness and luxury.
- Include 10 heating settings for ease of use
- Dryer safe and machine washable
- Auto shutoff feature to save your electricity
- Constructed from soft and premium polyester
- Wires might be felt through the fabric
3. Sunbeam TSM8US Microplush Royal Blue Electric Blanket
If you want to stay warm and get cozy in the luxurious softness, there is no option better than this snuggle-worthy electric blanket from Sunbeam. Thanks to the ThermoFine warming technology, it can sense and adjust the temperatures to provide consistent warmth for many hours. There are 3 different heat settings so that you can personalize your experience easier. Also, the patented low-voltage feature will ensure the safety while you are sleeping during the night. It only operates on no more than 25V, which is quite similar to illuminating a light bulb.
- Three heat settings to choose your comfort level
- ThermoFine technology for even and consistent distribution of heat
- Ultra-soft micro plush for exceptional comfort and warmth
- Quick and easy to maintain
- It might take a while to warm up
4. Sunbeam Digital Controllers Plush King Electric Blanket
The Sunbeam plush king electric blanket is one of the most popular options on the market thanks to its rich softness and ultimate warmth. With up to 20 customized heat settings, you can easily prepare your bed for a restful sleep of elegance and soothing comfort. Also, the ThermoFine system plays an important role in monitoring temperature and adjusting the levels of warmth automatically during the night. The blanket is fully dryer safe and machine washable, meaning that you can clean, care and maintain easily.
- Soft and premium velvet plush for enhanced comfort
- Up to 20 heat settings for personalized performance
- Easy to use with dual controller and pre-heat feature
- Consume less electricity to save your money
- The surface is not so soft
5. Biddeford 2064 Sherpa Electric Blanket
The Biddeford ultimately soft micro-plush electric blanket is great for snuggling up when the winter comes in. Available in queen and king size, it is completely made of polyester and Sherpa material to ensure it is soft and comfortable enough for the body. Also, the automatic shut-off will turn off your blanket after ten hours to save electricity and avoid any electrical issues. The manufacturer includes 2 controllers to help you adjust the right level of warmth as you want. With 5 years of warranty, you won’t have to worry about any problems concerning the quality or performance of this electric blanket.
- Save your heating bills with auto shutoff feature
- Digital control for therapeutic warmth
- Include a zipper bag with a handle to carry around
- Complete polyester and micro-plush to ensure durability
- There are a few defects reported
6. Serta Fleece Reversible Sherpa Electric Blanket
What makes the Serta fleece reversible electric blanket different from other products on this list is its Sherpa lining, which delivers 2 different warming textures. With 4 setting controllers, it is simple to adjust and choose the right temperature for your needs. It is made from brushed and ultra-soft polyester which reverse to a cozy and plush lining for an amazingly cozy experience. There is a long power cord to allow you to replace the blanket anywhere you want on the bed, while 4-hour auto shut-off function ensures convenience, power savings, and safety.
- Perfect for beds, chairs, and couches
- The soft material to bring a cozy and warm feel
- Built-in shutoff for convenience, power savings, and safety
- Easy placement with the power cord
- It can slip off your bed easily
7. Sunbeam BSF9GQS Fleece Quilted Electric Blanket
Unlike traditional blankets that are bulky and thick, the Sunbeam BSF9GQS electric model is only 3 inches in thickness to make it much more comfortable when placing on your body. More importantly, the ultra-thin wires can provide consistent heat without consuming too much energy during the night. It is made of soft fabric and fiber which can have extra support and comfort. When you want to change the temperatures, just adjust the thermostat within seconds. Lastly, the blanket has a quilted channel construction that can make sure every part of your body will get heat evenly.
- Quilted channel construction for better performance
- Can be used with a washing machine and dryer
- Sense and adjust to provider consistent warmth
- 10 heating settings with dual controller
- Only available in 1 color option
8. Serta Sapphire Low-Voltage Fleece Luxe Electric Blanket
The Serta sapphire electric blanket is specially designed with safety in mind. It has a low-voltage feature so that you won’t have to worry about any electrical accidents. Featuring super soft micro-fleece material which is refreshingly smooth for your skin, this model is the ultimate option for luxurious comfort. Also, it is constructed with the patented wiring system which is thin and small to allow for better performance. The king size model has 2 separate zones so that you can customize your part for an ideal temperature without sacrificing that of your partner.
- Ensure the safety with low-voltage technology
- Distribute heat evenly without bulkiness
- Made of soft and luxury fabric
- Auto-dimming function for adjustments in the night time
- The internal wires might be a bit thicker than other models
9. Shave Thermee Lilac Electric Blanket
If you are looking for a safe and warm yet affordable electric blanket for this winter, there is no option better than the Shave Thermee model. With 7 layers of heated flannel which is made of specially crafted damping cloth and polyester, it can bring an incredibly comfortable feel when you place it on the body. Also, the stylish and unique satin hem adds a finishing touch to make it a great addition to your bedroom. This model has easy-to-use controllers with backlit displays so that you can easily adjust the settings.
- 7 layers of micro flannel for luxurious warmth and comfort
- Do not shrink or pill
- Include a 16-foot electrical cord for easy replacement
- Soft-wired heating technology to save your energy
- It is not recommended for washing machine
10. Sunbeam Velvet Plush Channeled Electric Blanket
The last product on our list comes with more than 20 customized heat settings to bring in the ultimate comfort for your night. Thanks to an advanced system, it can deliver consistent heat during the night without consuming too much electricity. After 10 hours of operation, the unit will turn off automatically for energy-efficiency. What’s more, it is dryer safe and machine washable so that you can save a lot of time cleaning and maintaining.
- Simple maintenance with dryer-safe and machine washable features
- Turn off automatically after a few hours
- Exclusive wiring system to sense and adjust the heat
- Choose from up to 20 customized heat settings
- It might develop a smell after a few uses
Important factors to consider when choosing an electric blanket
Design and construction
When shopping, keep in mind to pay attention to the construction material, control systems, GSM rating, and other design features. Avoid any electric blankets that are poorly insulated and thin. Instead, choose those models with thick fleece or high-quality materials and natural insulation (measured in GSM) to get enough warmth even when there is no electricity.
Ease of maintenance
If you don’t have time for cleaning or doing laundry, make sure to choose an electric blanket that can be machine washable and dryer safe. Though they can be a bit more expensive, you can save yourself from these chores.
Because of the electrical nature of electric blankets, safety is undoubtedly an important factor to consider when you go shopping. In spite of higher prices, it is highly recommended to choose those models with advanced features such as thermostats, low-voltage regulators, or dual controls to avoid any fatal accidents.
It is obvious that electric blankets are available in a variety of styles, designs, features, and materials. Some of them might work exceptionally well, while the others don’t provide results as expected. That’s why it is necessary for you to take your time and consider carefully before making a purchase decision. With the right option, you can save money on electricity bills and enhance your comfort during the freeze days in the winter.