- Check out the Best Drones Under 300 in Reviews
- 1. Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter Drone
- 2. Holy Stone F181W Wifi FPV Drone
- 3. Holy Stone GPS FPV RC Drone
- 4. Holy Stone HS200 FPV RC Drone
- 5. Holy Stone HS110D FPV RC Drone
- 6. Holy Stone HS200D FPV RC Drone
- 7. Contixo F20 RC Remote App Controlled Quadcopter Drone
- 8. Holy Stone HS230 RC Racing FPV Drone
- 9. DROCUN U818PLUS WiFi FPV Drone
- 10. Potensic T25 GPS FPV RC Drone
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Drone under 300
Today, there are best drones under 300. And this is because the demand for drones has increased let alone technology being advanced. Although drones under 300 are cheaply priced, they work just like those expensive models. They also have features just like their costly counterparts. They are simple, and, therefore, can be used by anyone including beginners, starters, and kids, among others. They are the best bet for anyone on a budget. In these reviews, we have collected the best of the best. That said, be sure to go through each model before making up your mind about what you want to settle for.
Check out the Best Drones Under 300 in Reviews
1. Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter Drone
This drone under 300 gets the first spot in these reviews because of its amazing features. It has One Key Return and Headless Security System that makes it great to use by beginners. The two features prevent the drone from getting lost. Another stunning feature that this drone boasts of is the altitude hold function, which allows it to hover at the height it was before once you release the throttle stick. By so doing, the drone will present you with a great opportunity to shoot quality videos and images. The drone can do a forward, backward, right or left flip, and this is because of the One Key 360-degree 4-Ways Flip. It can fly up to 50 – 100 meters in 7 – 9 minutes.
- Very durable and flies well
- The drone has great lights for night flying
- Comes with two batteries
- The motor could be better
2. Holy Stone F181W Wifi FPV Drone
This is another stunning drone under 300 because, like the first one, it is loaded with a number of good features. It has the newest 720P 120-degree wide-angle High-Definition Wifi Camera that will let you take high-resolution videos and pictures during flight. It is also equipped with the built-in Wifi module that will allow you to see exactly what your camera sees with a live video on your mobile device by installing the app. Its air pressure altitude hold function enables you to release the throttle stick in order to keep the drone flying at the same height, so you can have an easy time shooting quality videos or images.
- Makes a great Christmas gift
- The camera works great with the phone app
- The seller offers great after-sale services
- Incredibly stable and flies well
- Sensitive to any kind of wind
3. Holy Stone GPS FPV RC Drone
What makes this drone under 300 worth regarding as one of the best is the optimized 720P 120° FOV FPV (First Person View) Wi-Fi Camera. The camera boasts a 90-degree adjustable angle, and this enables it to capture top quality videos and photos. This means you will be able to enjoy the Real-Time viewing right from your remote control. Because of the high performing camera, you will be able to catch every moment of your vacation from a birds-eye perspective. Another great feature of this drone is the Follow-Me Mode. It makes the drone automatically follow and capture you wherever you move. The flying time of this drone is 15 minutes, and this is because of the 2500mAh high-performance battery.
- Comes with a very good transmission range
- Very much responsive in high altitudes
- Has impressive stability even at high altitudes
- The picture quality is not the best
4. Holy Stone HS200 FPV RC Drone
Equipped with a First Person View (FPV) 720P High-Definition Real-Time Video Camera, this drone under 300 will help you take aerial photos and videos with your Android phone device or iPhone. It is also equipped with the altitude hold function to let you release the throttle stick and keep it hovering at its current height, so you can easily shoot quality videos and images. Another impressive feature of this RC drone is the mobile control function that makes it possible to control the drone via a smartphone app to activate several functions like Gravity SENSOR mode that will allow you to control the flight by moving and holding the smartphone accordingly.
- Makes a great Christmas present
- The seller’s customer service is outstanding
- Can fly in a fairly decent amount of wind
- Tends to fly away
5. Holy Stone HS110D FPV RC Drone
You can operate this drone via an App in a smartphone to activate innumerable functions. And this is because of the mobile control feature. The feature makes it possible to operate the function and flight in the App interface. In addition, this RC drone comes with a powerful 3.7V 1000mAh battery that has a high capacity to make flying times longer than ever before. There is also an altitude hold feature that suspends this quadcopter in mid-air even when your hands are off the joystick. This means you can enjoy hands-free moving. The drone is stable in mid-air, and it is extremely easy to control. With that said, it is great for beginners, newbies, and kids.
- The app is clean and refined
- The flip mode is a cool addition
- The 720P camera is great
- May arrive with power problems, but the manufacturer is always ready to help
6. Holy Stone HS200D FPV RC Drone
Holy Stone has equipped this drone under 300 with an advanced 120-degree wide-angle 720P HD camera. The camera is super easy to take down to ensure maximum convenience. It has a high-definition that enables it to capture memorable moments using your iPhone or Android device. This camera also enables the drone to perform the FPV streaming live video amazingly well. This means you will get a new perspective of an incredible world from the air. Like other drones from Holy Stone, the HS200D model has an altitude hold feature that will allow you to hover in a certain height after releasing the throttle stick. Moreover, the feature helps players from all levels to control this drone perfectly.
- The FPV is a wonderful feature
- The camera works really great
- Comes with extra batteries
- Transmitter joysticks are very responsive
- The drone can lose contact with the controller and fly away
7. Contixo F20 RC Remote App Controlled Quadcopter Drone
The Contixo F20 Drone is a high functioning model that can be used by anyone regardless of their experience level. Well, this is because of its advanced features such as Automatic Hovering (Auto Hover), Follow Me, 1-Key Takeoff & Landing, Auto-Hover in Circular, Fail-Safe Return To Home, and many more. The drone also has a built-in and integrated 1080P HD Wi-Fi Camera that will not only allow you to take photos but also record live videos. It is a remote and app-controlled drone that can be operated via a smartphone. In addition, this drone comes with a carrying case, which makes it safe and very convenient to carry.
- The Follow Me feature is not hard to figure out
- Takes good pictures and videos
- Great for beginners; easy to learn how to operate
- It may be defective because of the many features, but the manufacturer is always ready to assist
8. Holy Stone HS230 RC Racing FPV Drone
Experienced pilots should try out this drone under 300. It is equipped with a headless mode and 3D flip that makes it very easy to fly. The 3D flip enables the drone to pull out some tricks that will really entertain you. This drone comes with two powerful modular batteries, which in turn, come with 2 USB charging cables. This means you will be able to fly your drone for a pretty long time. Holy Stone has equipped this racing FPV drone with a powerful motor that ensures quick acceleration. As such, the drone can reach a high speed up to 45km/h in just seconds. Holy Stone has also equipped the drone with a 120° 720P High-Definition modular camera to allow you to take and record beautiful, memorable and high-definition pictures and videos.
- Fast, agile, and ascends really quickly
- The drone can change speed
- The instruction manual is easy to understand
- Not for beginners
9. DROCUN U818PLUS WiFi FPV Drone
Such functions as the headless mode, one-key takeoff/landing, emergency stop, out-of-range alarm, low power, and speed switch make this drone perfect for beginners and kids. The drone also boasts the altitude hold feature that further makes it very easy to use. The feature will allow you to fly the drone at a specified altitude not to mention making the drone fly in the default height and hover. Because of the improved 1,000mAh 7.4V LiPo battery, the drone can be flown up to 15 minutes. Its camera is also upgraded in the sense that it has a wide angle lens and can record videos. The camera is anti-shake, meaning it will not be affected when the drone shakes while flying.
- Arrives nearly assembled to ensure optimum convenience
- The altitude hold feature makes the drone very easy to control
- Flies pretty smooth, and it is great for beginners
- The seller could be more supportive
10. Potensic T25 GPS FPV RC Drone
To make flying this drone under 300 much easier, Potensic has equipped it with GPS positioning + GLONASS positioning. The dual GPS feature will provide you with accurate positioning details of your drone. Another feature that makes this FPV RC drone easy to control is the Follow Me feature, which makes the drone automatically follow and capture you. The drone also has altitude hold, headless mode, and one-key takeoff/landing to further make it extremely easy to use. The 1080P (requires an SD card) HD Wi-Fi camera of this drone is also worth talking about. This is because it boasts a 90-degree adjustable angle and captures top-notch video and aerial photos.
- Easy to set up and calibrate
- Very responsive and accurate to the controller
- The battery takes around one hour
- Solid and takes nice pictures
- The price is great
- The battery seems to drain pretty fast
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Drone under 300
Choosing the best drone under 300 is now a breeze; thanks to the following factors.
Drones that fly for long are really fun to use. Therefore, you must make sure that your drone has a battery that lasts longer. The battery should also take a short time to charge to avoid the long waits and inconveniences. Plus if possible, consider drones that come with two batteries.
Ease of Use
More than a few people have bought drones only for them to fail to understand how to operate their drones. Therefore, if you want to avoid such issues, make sure that the drone you plan to buy has features that make it easy to use. These features are one-key takeoff/landing, altitude mode, and follow me. Ideally, you should ensure that the device you go for has an easy-to-understand and easy-to-read instruction manual.
To prevent glitches when using your drone, be sure to go for a model with a powerful motor. This means the motor should be able to propel your drone really well. Ideally, it should be able to power it extremely well even in high altitudes. Plus it should not heat up even when the drone is flown for long.
Although you should focus on the features of the drone, it should not be too much to the extent that you overlook the quality of the camera. After all, a drone’s camera is just as important as other essential features. That said, consider drones with 720P or 1080P HD cameras. Your drone’s camera should also have a wide angle lens to capture images and videos as expected.
These drones under 300 do not cost much yet they work exactly like any other expensive model. Their cameras are clear and they have powerful motors. With that being said, we are pretty sure that you will not go wrong with any that you will settle for.