- Check out the Best Coffee Substitutes Reviews
- 1. Dandy Blend Instant Herbal Beverage with Dandelion (2 lb.)
- 2. Teeccino Vanilla Nut Chicory Herbal Coffee Alternative, 11
- 3. Postum Instant Warm Beverage 8oz
- 4. Half a Dozen Cans (6 Cans) of Café Du Monde – 15 oz. cans
- 5. Cafix Coffee Substitute Crystals Jar (7.05 Ounces)
- 6. Kaffree Non-GMO Roma – Vegan – Original (7 oz.)
- 7. Tassimo Tim Hortons Coffee T Discs (14 Count)
- 8. Vinacafe 3 in 1 Instant Coffee Mix (2-pack)
- 9. Mount Hagen Organic Coffee – Café Decaffeinated (Pack of 2)
- 10. Café Escapes Café Mocha, K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 48)
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Coffee Substitutes
For one reason or another, your doctor may advise you against taking coffee. Fortunately, this is not the end of the road for you; thanks to the best coffee substitutes. These products work exactly like coffee, and, therefore, they make a great coffee alternative. They do not contain caffeine, which is quite unhealthy for many coffee drinkers. Moreover, coffee substitutes are not acidic, meaning you will not have jitters when you take them. Plus most of them are made from 100-percent all-natural ingredients, and this further makes them safe for consumption. If you are looking for one, the following reviews are for you.
Check out the Best Coffee Substitutes Reviews
1. Dandy Blend Instant Herbal Beverage with Dandelion (2 lb.)
If your doctor tells you to give up on coffee, and, perhaps add dandelion to your diet, look no further than the Dandy Blend Instant Herbal Beverage with Dandelion. Talking of dandelion, Americans may view it as a simple weed. Fortunately, this plant is an effective herb that makes it to the top six lists of Chinese herbs. This means it will provide you with innumerable health benefits. The Dandy Blend Instant Herbal Beverage with Dandelion is less costly than coffee yet it tastes like coffee. Its sweetness is perceived to come from fructose, which occurs naturally in the roots of chicory and dandelion.
- Fits the bill to ensure easy buying
- Taste is good; similar to that of weak coffee
- Can be made sweeter by adding sweetener
- Gluten-free and does not bother the stomach
- Very weak; hence, not for those who enjoy strong coffee
2. Teeccino Vanilla Nut Chicory Herbal Coffee Alternative, 11
This coffee substitute is a product of the USA, and this means at no point should its quality be doubted. Its satisfying, roasted flavor has made even the most-difficult-to-convince coffee drinkers love it instantly. Most coffee enthusiasts have described its taste as richer, smoother, and creamier than coffee. It is created from nutritional herbs, considering that it is the brain-child of Caroline MacDougall, who is the designer of more than 90 herbal beverages for top tea brands. With that said, expect this coffee substitute to provide you with numerous health benefits in each cup. It is non-acidic and does not contain caffeine.
- Great for those who can no longer drink coffee
- Does not have the acidity of real coffee
- Tastes like real coffee
- Already sweetened to eliminate the need to add sugar
- The flavor may not be loved by everyone.
3. Postum Instant Warm Beverage 8oz
If you decide to substitute your coffee, you better find something very quality. And that’s where the Postum Instant Warm Beverage 8oz comes into play. It is made with 100-percent all-natural ingredients to make sure that it does not become a bother to your stomach or overall health. It is 100-percent free of caffeine yet it still possesses that smooth, toasted flavor your coffee has never missed. The coffee substitute can be taken by everyone because it is non-GMO and does not contain preservatives. The manufacturer uses the original 1895 recipe to make it, meaning it will not disappoint. It will bring back the warm memories you have heard since you were little.
- Has a wonderful flavor
- Brings a host of good memories
- Does not contain caffeine
- Makes a great alternative to coffee
- The price is on the higher side
4. Half a Dozen Cans (6 Cans) of Café Du Monde – 15 oz. cans
We are pretty sure that you will love this product immediately you begin using it. This is because it is a product of USA, meaning it is made with the people of America in mind. It comes in a nice orange can with an image of Café Du Monde. That said, you will love this coffee substitute even more. Talking of loving it, the coffee substitute has a rich blend of coffee and chicory, which makes it tastier than ever before. The manufacturer advises that you mix it half and half with hot milk if you want to get the best out of it.
- Great for everyday dependence
- Dark and has a smooth flavor
- Does not bring coffee jitters even when you drink a lot
- Has a fantastic taste
- The packaging leaves a lot to be desired
5. Cafix Coffee Substitute Crystals Jar (7.05 Ounces)
All-natural, rich and 100-percent caffeine free, what more could you want from this coffee substitute. We believe it is exactly how you would want your coffee substitute to be. It has a rich flavor that is produced by the healthful blend of all-natural ingredients. Yes, there is nothing artificial in this coffee substitute, and this makes it a great product even to the most sensitive individuals. The lack of caffeine, cholesterol, and Trans fat also makes it a stunning beverage for the entire family. This coffee substitute comes in a 7.05-ounce jar, so you can have the chance to enjoy its benefits to the fullest.
- The price is unbeatable
- Offers a rich, coffee-like flavor
- Has a rich taste, especially when sugar and cream are added
- Great for people who like a warm beverage
- Dissolves much better than other coffee substitutes
- It is pretty weak
6. Kaffree Non-GMO Roma – Vegan – Original (7 oz.)
You want a delicious and satisfying caffeine-free coffee alternative, right? Well, you should try the Kaffree Non-GMO Roma – Vegan – Original (7 oz.). It will provide you with a robust, full-bodied taste of coffee without the annoying tannic acid, which tends to bother the stomach. Because of its stomach-friendliness, this coffee substitute can be included with such desserts as cookies, cakes, and many more. It is very easy to prepare just as it is to drink. It comes in a 7-ounce jar that can survive 100 servings. That said, expect it to last season in season out. Its simple ingredients are made from roasted malt barley and have a touch of chicory.
- Tastes just like coffee
- The smell brings back some sweet old memories
- Dissolves nicely and turns dark brown just like real coffee
- Great for people who acid causes them trouble
- The flavor is not the best
7. Tassimo Tim Hortons Coffee T Discs (14 Count)
Each package of the Tassimo Tim Hortons Coffee T Discs (14 Count) can make up to 14 servings. This means you will really enjoy and even get to see what the Tassimo Tim Hortons Coffee T Discs can do. It is a product of a company that has been around for quite some time to know what customers love and what they don’t. That’s why this product is loved by more than a few people. It does what it is supposed to do without causing stomach upsets. Its performance is as a result of quality ingredients used to make it.
- Very good and has a strong coffee taste
- The medium strength is loved by many
- Affordable and arrives on time
- Not too acidic; thus, will not upset the stomach
- Ideal for making iced coffee
- Pods seem not to do well in many machines
8. Vinacafe 3 in 1 Instant Coffee Mix (2-pack)
This is another great product that we feel you should have. It is made by a reputable manufacturer that knows exactly what to include in it to make it a great buy even for the most rigid coffee drinkers. It is 3 in 1, and this means its versatility should not be doubted. Plus it comes in two packs, with each pack having up to 20 sachets. This means you will get up to 40 sachets in just one purchase. With that said, expect an endless supply of great tasting instant coffee mix.
- Very sweet and milky
- Arrives on time to eliminate any inconvenience
- Great for hikers and camping enthusiasts
- Dissolves fully with the right amount of cream and sugar
- Looks exactly as pictured in the description
- Works great to wake users up
- Has a very light coffee taste
9. Mount Hagen Organic Coffee – Café Decaffeinated (Pack of 2)
Germans are known to produce top quality products. So, it is not a surprise that this organic coffee – café decaffeinated pack of 2 has made it to this list. The product is made for those who enjoy taking coffee but will not dare consume caffeine. It is made through a patented process, which involves only water and carbon (IV) oxide to virtually remove all the caffeine. The process successfully extracts caffeine without interfering with the full-bodied taste or the rich aroma. The product is made from 100-percent Arabica beans that produce naturally flavorful yet mild taste. It comes in a 3.53-ounce jar, which yields around 60 generous cups of delicious coffee.
- Very convenient to use
- Has a pleasant taste
- Does not have chemicals or dangerous formulations
- Great with the new almond/coconut milk creamers
- The taste is not the best
10. Café Escapes Café Mocha, K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 48)
You should be keen to do something nice for yourself every day. That’s why we bring you the Café Escapes Café Mocha, K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 48). It will offer you a perfect way to relax and recharge without putting your health on the line. Since this product is brewed inside the K-Cup, expect no flavor residue to be left behind to spoil the next cup. The product comes with 2 boxes, with each having 24 K-Cups. And this brings a total of 48 packs K-Cups. The Café Escapes is definitely the go-to product whether it is in the afternoon or early in the morning.
- The taste is good
- Chocolate filled and fun to drink
- The price is affordable
- Rich and very satisfying
- Can be mixed with regular coffee
- Not everyone likes the “very sweet” taste
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Coffee Substitutes
The following factors will help you settle for the best coffee substitute brand.
It is obvious that your coffee substitute will not contain caffeine. However, you should not stop here. If possible, the brand you choose should be made of all-natural ingredients. This is because ingredients that are 100-percent natural do not have side effects. That being said, your coffee substitute should not have preservatives or artificial ingredients.
If you are buying a coffee substitute for the first time, and you are totally green on the results it gives, buy in small amounts. This is because small amounts are cheaper, and, therefore, you shall not have wasted your money in the event that you do not like it. But if you know exactly what a particular coffee substitute offers, and you are impressed with it, purchase in large amounts. This will save you the hassle of going to the shop every time.
Some manufacturers give the best as far as manufacturing coffee substitutes is concerned. Their products always have the greatest tastes not to mention being extremely easy to prepare. They also put reasonable price tags on these products and are always ready to help should customers have issues with the products. That being said, such manufacturers are the ones you should buy your coffee substitutes from.
If your coffee has been causing you health problems, it is time to go for an alternative. And in the above reviews, we have listed only the best coffee alternatives one can ever think of. They are exactly like coffee, meaning at no point, will you miss your regular coffee should you make up your mind to try out one.