- Check out Best Camera Under 500 Reviews
- 1. Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- 2. Panasonic LUMIX FZ80 4K 60X Zoom Camera
- 3. Nikon COOLPIX B500 Digital Camera 32GB Bundle
- 4. Nikon D3400 Digital SLR Camera
- 5. Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera Kit
- 6. Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera Bundle
- 7. Canon DSLR Camera Bundle with Canon EF 75-300mm f/4 (EOS Rebel T6)
- 8. Canon T6 EOS Rebel DSLR Camera
- 9. Olympus TG-5 Waterproof Camera (V104190BU000)
- 10. Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera Kit (Certified Refurbished)
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Camera under 500
There are those moments that you would like to stick in your head for time immemorial. Unfortunately, you cannot capture them because nearly all the good cameras you can think of are incredibly expensive. But wait, things are changing pretty fast to the extent that the market now has the best camera under 500. These cameras have amazing features, just like their expensive counterparts. They take clear photos and videos let alone being simple enough for easy use by anyone including beginners. Some of these cheap cameras are also waterproof to give you limitless opportunities when it comes to taking photos and videos. We have talked about them in details in these reviews. So, keep on reading.
Check out Best Camera Under 500 Reviews
1. Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera
Sony has focused this mirrorless DSLR on speed. This means the camera will give you a stunning opportunity to take your creativity to another level. It comes with PlayMemories Camera Apps that will help you add new features of your choice in order to personalize your camera. With that said, you can look for apps that will fit your shooting style whether it is portraits, sports, time lapse, detailed close-ups, motion shot, and many more. The camera features a 3-inch LCD display that can be tilted to make sure you have an easy time to photograph over crowds. You will like the interchangeable lenses that further increase the versatility of this digital camera.
- Makes a great purchase for beginners
- Produces fantastic image quality
- The digital viewfinder is functional and great
- The screen turns on and off automatically to conserve battery
- Lightweight and very comfortable
- The kit lens could be better
2. Panasonic LUMIX FZ80 4K 60X Zoom Camera
The 4K technology used to make this camera is unrivaled. And that’s what has convinced us to include the camera in these highly rated reviews. The technology makes the camera great for travelers since it enables it (the camera) to capture really amazing pictures. Another feature that directly contributes to the performance of this camera is the extremely long 20 – 1200mm (60X) lens. Well, this is no ordinary lens; it features a super bright F2.8-5.9 aperture range, which is optically stabilized using the manufacturer’s Power O.I.S technology. This camera will let you record photos at up to 30 frames in one second, and then save the exact amount you adore.
- The hand has an ergonomic grip
- Has a large aperture for unbeatable convenience
- The digital zoom works really well
- Compact enough to be carried anywhere
- Seems to last longer than most brands
- The autofocus is a bit slow
3. Nikon COOLPIX B500 Digital Camera 32GB Bundle
Any aspiring photographer should consider this digital camera. This is because it comes with all the accessories you need to give life to your photo-taking experiences. These accessories include a compact deluxe gadget bag, a 32GB SDHC high-speed memory card, a 100-240v AA charger with four 2950mah AA batteries, 50-inch full-size video & photo tripod, a 6ft. (1.8m) HDMI to Micro-HDMI gold audio/video cable, a card reader, screen protectors, a three-piece cleaning kit, a memory card wallet, and a linen zone microfiber cleaning cloth. Despite being this loaded, the camera is very affordable. Plus it has a high rating to show you that most of the people who have used it before have enjoyed its services.
- Makes a great gift idea
- Arrives quickly to eliminate any inconveniences
- Comes with all the essential accessories
- Easy to use and takes nice photos
- The package may not come with all the accessories, considering that they are very many
4. Nikon D3400 Digital SLR Camera
Whether you are an expert in photography or just starting to use a camera, the Nikon D3400 Digital SLR Camera is for you. It has made it to this list because of its 24.2MP sensor, which enables it to capture pictures with a wonderful quality. The camera is also great for capturing the images of fast-moving objects as well as those in a low-light environment. And this is because of its 100-25600 ISO sensitivity. Once you have taken those amazing photos, you can send them to your phone in no time; thanks to the camera’s built-in Bluetooth. To further improve its functionality, this camera comes with the AF-P DX NIKKOR 18 millimeter – 55 millimeter f/3.5 to 5.6G VR lens.
- Shoots beautiful photos and videos
- Good for all kinds of shooting
- Lightweight; thus, easy to carry around
- Great quality for the price
- Can be used by starters
- The Bluetooth function could be better
5. Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera Kit
Your photos and videos deserve the best quality. And that’s exactly what this digital SLR camera kit offers. It is no doubt the best buy for both smartphone and digital point-and-shoot camera photographers looking to improve their game in imaging. The camera has an 18.0 MP CMOS image sensor that works with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to give you highly detailed and vibrant videos and photos. In fact, these two features enable the camera to produce stunning photos even in low-light condition. Once you have captured the photos and videos you want, you will be able to get them up on select social media sites where everyone can see them. And this is all made possible by the built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near-Field Connectivity).
- Very user-friendly and great for beginners
- Captures amazing photos both at a close range and long distance
- The price fits the bill perfectly
- The manual is not detailed
6. Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera Bundle
The main reason why this camera is regarded as one of the best is that it comes with all the manufacturer supplied accessories. It is also backed by a 1-year warranty to give you confidence in using it. It is an APS-C format digital SLR camera that has an 18MP CMOS sensor as well as the DIGIC 4+ image processor. Its ISO range is from 100 – 12600. As if that’s not enough, the ISO range can be expanded up to 25600. With that said, expect this camera to give you accurate colors, low-noise imaging, and sharp details whether it is bright or low-light shooting situation. The camera has a focal length range of 18 – 55mm, and this further improves its performance.
- Gives photographers everything they need
- The Wi-Fi transfer promotes convenience
- Its battery lasts a while
- The lens attachments and filters are great
- You cannot use an external microphone with this camera
7. Canon DSLR Camera Bundle with Canon EF 75-300mm f/4 (EOS Rebel T6)
When you buy this camera, you get two SanDisk 32GB SDHC Memory Cards, a Canon Camera Case, a Flashlight, 3pc Filter Kit, an Extra Battery Pack, AC/DC Car & Home Charger, a 50” Camera Tripod, and a High-Speed USB Reader. In other words, the camera comes with all the accessories to jumpstart your photography. It is a high functioning model that is equipped with an 18MP CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 4+ image processor. The camera can continuously shoot up to 5 fps because of the features that it comes with. Its Commander 2.2x Auxiliary Telephoto Lens will bring you twice as close to the action. For this reason, you can rely on the camera to capture sporting events or for any long-distance photo situation.
- Great for those who wish to upgrade their photography skills
- Can take any type of photo for any occasion
- The auto feature is very easy to use
- The flash is a bit off
8. Canon T6 EOS Rebel DSLR Camera
You may fear to invest in a good camera because it is not protected by a warranty. Fortunately, that is not the case with this DSLR Camera from Canon. It comes with a full Canon USA warranty to show you that the manufacturer fully stands behind its products. Well, it does not end there; the camera also comes with 18 millimeters to 55 millimeters IS II 75 millimeters to 300 millimeters III Double Zoom Lenses. It promises to produce highly detailed and vibrant videos and photos even in low-light conditions. And this is because of its 18.0 MP CMOS image sensor as well as DIGIC 4+ image processor. The camera comes with all the accessories to let you get the best out of your photography.
- Lightweight for optimum portability
- Takes great photos and videos
- It has interchangeable lenses for convenience
- Has a high-resolution screen
- Equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- The quality of accessories is not that great
9. Olympus TG-5 Waterproof Camera (V104190BU000)
This camera is built for outdoor use. It is waterproof up to 50 feet to allow you to use it at the beach without fearing getting damaged by water. It is also dustproof and crushproof to 220lbf. Plus it is shockproof from 7 feet not to mention being freeze-proof to 14 degrees. In addition, its lens is fog-proof to allow you to take brilliant photos and videos regardless of the weather conditions. Another stunning feature that this camera has is the new 12 Megapixel Hi-Speed Image Sensor that improves the performance of the camera in a low-light environment as well as keeping it extremely quiet. Despite being so promising, this camera is affordably priced.
- Takes amazing pictures in the pool and underwater
- Settings can easily be changed underwater
- Very reliable and holds the charge well
- Very easy to operate
- Great for snorkeling trips
- Battery seems to run out quickly
10. Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera Kit (Certified Refurbished)
Although this digital SLR camera is refurbished, it has been tested and certified, so it cannot just look like a new camera but also work like one. Its refurbishing process includes inspection, repackaging, functionality testing, and basic cleaning. Additionally, the camera comes with a 90-day warranty to further convince you that you will not be throwing your money by deciding to bring it home. Its ISO range is 100 – 6400, and it can be expanded to 12800 to let you shoot from bright light to low light conditions. The camera also has a built-in Wi-Fi with NFC to give you a chance to share your amazing pictures with your friends or family.
- Has a great Wi-Fi feature
- Very light and small for maximum portability
- Arrives fast and well packaged
- Great for low lighting
- The price is reasonable
- The Wi-Fi connection is easy to set up
- The battery could be better
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Camera under 500
You should consider the following factors to help you choose the best camera.
This is a feature that reduces shakiness and vibration when shooting. It helps reduce blurriness in low-light conditions. Well, this means your camera should have it. There are two types of image stabilization; optical and digital. Optical is a mechanism, and, therefore, it is of a higher quality than digital, which is simply software in the camera.
In our opinion, you should choose a camera with a viewfinder over the ones with LCD display. Although both the viewfinder and LCD display do the same job (which is to show how the image looks in the current setting), a viewfinder is better than an LCD display. This is because it is easier to use in dim light conditions.
Frames Per Second
Commonly referred to as fps, Frames Per Second is simply the number of photos a camera can take in a second. It is important to consider a camera with a high fps capability, especially if you plan to use it for sporting events or to capture fast-moving scenes.
You do not need to spend up to the last coin to land the best camera in town. Instead, all you need to do is to go through reviews like this. This is because such reviews will provide you with exactly what you need. Like in this case, we have talked about cameras that are very affordable yet they are products of world’s leading brands.