- List the Best Backpacking Boots in Reviews
- 1. Salomon Men’s Quest 4d 3 GTX Backpacking Boots
- 2. Vasque Men’s St. Elias Gore-Tex Backpacking Boot
- 3. Hi-Tec Men’s Hiking Boot (Altitude V I)
- 4. Salomon Men’s Authentic LTR GTX Backpacking Boot
- 5. arctiv8 Men’s 161202-M Insulated Waterproof Work Snow Boots
- 6. Salomon Men’s Quest Prime GTX Backpacking Boot
- 7. Salomon Women’s Quest Prime GTX W Backpacking Boot
- 8. Vasque Men’s Hiking Boot (Talus Trek Ultradry)
- 9. Oboz Men’s Sawtooth Mid BDRY Hiking Boot
- 10. CAMEL CROWN Mens Backpacking Boot
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Backpacking Boots
You must have the best backpacking boots if you want to enjoy your backpacking and hiking trips. Top quality backpacking boots are very comfortable, and, therefore, they will not cause fatigue even when worn for long periods. Additionally, these boots are durable enough to stand up to the harshest backpacking and hiking conditions. Considering how they are designed, premium backpacking boots make backpacking and other outdoor adventures much easier than expected. Some are even made with waterproof materials, so they can keep your feet dry and make sure that you are not inconvenienced at all. That said, go through the following top 10 best backpacking boots in 2019 reviews.
List the Best Backpacking Boots in Reviews
1. Salomon Men’s Quest 4d 3 GTX Backpacking Boots
Salomon was established in 1947, meaning their ability to manufacture premium quality footwear for backpacking should not be doubted. The manufacturer is driven by the passion for design innovation and skiing. That’s why their backpacking boots have made it to this competitive list. The boots are backed by Salomon’s 2-year limited warranty because the company understands that they will meet all of your expectations. They come equipped with the new 4D Advanced Chassis that will guide your feet even when you are walking on the toughest terrains. This means fatigue will not be a problem even during those long trails. The shaft of these boots measures around 6.5” from the arch.
- They seem like they will last longer
- Boots fit great right out of the box
- They are comfortable and lightweight
- Great for hiking and long backpacking trips
- The sole could be more durable
2. Vasque Men’s St. Elias Gore-Tex Backpacking Boot
You need a backpacking boot that you can trust on every trail. And that boot is none other than the Vasque Men’s St. Elias Gore-Tex Backpacking Boot. It is a high-functioning boot with a sole designed to optimize the efficiency of walking gait and user comfort. Furthermore, its upper is well made, and it is even waterproof, so it can keep your foot dry throughout the outdoor adventure. The midsole of the boot is equipped with the EVA cushioning pads to make it extremely comfortable. The heel of this boot measures around 1.75”, while the platform measures around 0.75”. Another stunning feature of this backpacking boot is the dual density EVA footbed, which also contributes to comfort.
- Wears well and looks great
- Comfortable to eliminate fatigue during backpacking trips
- Requires very little break-in
- A little snug, but works well
3. Hi-Tec Men’s Hiking Boot (Altitude V I)
Hi-Tec Sports USA Manufacturer was born in 1978. Since then, they have concentrated on producing top quality products like the Hi-Tec Men’s Hiking Boot (Altitude V I). The hiking boot is equipped with rust-resistant metal hardware that seems ready to hold up for several years. Furthermore, it boasts ortholite sockliner, which delivers instant cushioning, anti-microbial, and anti-odor properties. That being said, the waterproof hiking boot will keep your feet comfortable throughout the hiking experience. Its heel measures around 1.5 inches, while its shaft measures around Mid-Top” from the arch. The upper of the boot is waterproof and made of leather, so it can deliver maximum comfort and superior durability.
- Fits good and looks great
- Seems to have the right amount of arch support
- Does well in keeping the foot dry
- Solid yet very comfortable
- Laces leave a lot to be desired
4. Salomon Men’s Authentic LTR GTX Backpacking Boot
Life is full of opportunities and joy. That’s why we recommend this backpacking boot from Salomon. With it, you will be able to enjoy these opportunities. The backpacking boot is built to keep you comfortable even on the harshest weather conditions. This means it should be your go-to footwear if you are set to go on mountaineering trips. The boot has a heel strap that keeps the back of the foot comfortably in place. Plus it boasts Internal Sensifit that will wrap your foot. Besides, the shaft measures around 4 inches from the arch, and this is just fine. This boot also features quality split leather that improves its looks as well as making it more durable.
- Comes in half sizes to fit perfectly
- Feels great right out of the box
- Comfortable and has great support
- Not the best for people with wide feet
5. arctiv8 Men’s 161202-M Insulated Waterproof Work Snow Boots
These snow boots are exactly what you need when winter comes calling. They are equipped with 200g Thermolite insulation that is rated to -25F, meaning they will keep your feet warm even in the coldest environments. These boots also have a waterproof shell bottom unit that helps keep feet dry. Their upper is waterproof as well not to mention being oil and slip resistant. The boots have a heel height of 1”, a platform of 0.75”, a shaft of 6”, and a circumference of 13”. Their outsole is made of rubber and very durable, so it can stand anything the backpacking or hiking trips throw at it. We are certain that they will make your outdoor adventures better.
- The price is affordable
- Seem to be of good quality
- Very comfortable for long hours of wear
- Fit smaller than anticipated
6. Salomon Men’s Quest Prime GTX Backpacking Boot
Sometimes, an outdoor quest can be very fascinating and longer than expected. But if you do not have a pair of well-made backpacking boots, then you may not enjoy the whole experience. That’s why it is time you consider this Salomon’s backpacking boot. It is equipped with a toe cap that will protect your foot from all kinds of hazards. Moreover, it has a GORE-TEX membrane that ensures breathable weather protection. The boot is also well cushioned, so it can provide your feet with maximum comfort throughout the backpacking trips. Its design has an athletic appearance yet it is ready to perform in any outdoor situation. At just 570g, this backpacking boot is one of the lightest footwear pieces on the market.
- Great for hiking and work
- Comfortable and provides wonderful traction
- Does not have a break-in period
- Only available in two colors
7. Salomon Women’s Quest Prime GTX W Backpacking Boot
Finally, Salomon has something for women. And it is none other than this backpacking boot. Like the men’s Quest Prime Backpacking Boot, this footwear is equipped with a rubber toe cap to protect your feet from potential hazards you may come across on a backpacking trip. The boot is also heavily cushioned to provide long-distance comfort. This means you will be able to walk in it without feeling any fatigue or strain on your feet. It has a shaft that measures around 4.75 inches from the arch, and it weighs just 570 grams. With that said, expect the boot to be light enough to make walking in it extremely easy.
- Does not cause blisters
- Comfortable and very lightweight
- Has amazing traction that makes it perfect for any terrain
- Requires little break-in time
- Not the most comfortable to wear the first time
8. Vasque Men’s Hiking Boot (Talus Trek Ultradry)
Vasque is committed to making aesthetic, innovative, and functional footwear. That’s why we feel very happy to review this men’s hiking boot. The boot will inspire you to get outdoors and embark on fascinating adventures. And this is because it is well made with synthetic and leather materials. Because of the quality of materials, expect this hiking boot to last really long. The hiking boot is also built with comfort in mind. It has dual-density EVA footbed that will help keep your feet comfortable even on the most unpredictable terrains. Still on comfort, the boot has a cushioned collar. Plus it has a lace-up closure, which features speed-lace hardware at the top.
- Ideal for shorter hikes
- Works well on hard, relatively smooth surfaces
- Provides good arch support
- Has the right amount of insulation
- Narrower than most Vasque boots of the past
9. Oboz Men’s Sawtooth Mid BDRY Hiking Boot
Oboz plants a tree for every pair sold. And this simply proves how much they care for the environment. Well, their care does not end there, as they go an extra mile to make sure that you are getting a quality hiking boot. The boot has dual density EVA to enable it to provide great comfort for long hiking and backpacking experiences. It is waterproof, just like most backpacking boots we have talked about here. With that being said, this hiking boot will help keep your feet dry and comfortable. Another feature that makes this hiking boot one of the best is the breathable membrane, which allows air to flow in the boot.
- Has a wide toe box
- Comfortable and great for hiking
- The waterproofing concept is excellent
- Firm, light, and fits well
- Not many color options to choose from
10. CAMEL CROWN Mens Backpacking Boot
Last but not least, we are more than happy to let you know that our article has also reviewed the CAMEL CROWN Mens Backpacking Boot. The boot has a durable rubber outsole with several lugs. And it is these lugs, which provide the backpacking boot with multi-surface traction and multi-directional grip but without exerting extra pressure on the foot. Because of the grippy traction, this backpacking boot can be used for backpacking, hiking, rocky trailing, walking, light mountaineering, camping, all-season trekking, and climbing. This boot can also be used as a work boot or worn daily; thanks to its stylish design. It is water-resistant, meaning bad weather will not be a bother when you have it.
- Sturdy and seems to hold up well
- Comfortable and fits perfectly
- Waterproof and has good traction
- Stylish and looks beautiful when worn
- Requires a break-in
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Backpacking Boots
These are the factors to consider if you want to end up with the best pair of backpacking boots.
Comfort matters a lot during a backpacking trip. Therefore, the boots you go for must be very comfortable. This means when buying a pair of boots for hiking, consider whether it is well cushioned. Also, check whether the boot has a padded collar as well as an outsole that’s built with comfort in mind.
Apart from comfort, another factor that you should consider is the fit. Like comfort, the fit promotes convenience. This means you should consider a backpacking boot that fits your feet perfectly. In other words, the boot should not fit too snug or loosely. A boot that fits snug is likely to deprive you of the much-needed comfort, while one that fits loosely is likely to cause unnecessary inconveniences.
Since backpacking trips can be unpredictable and quite arduous, it is important that you go for sturdy boots. So, when you are shopping for a pair of backpacking boots, make sure you choose one that is well stitched and made with durable materials. The sole of your backpacking boot should also be durable and ready to remain intact even during long backpacking trips.
In our opinion, your backpacking boot should be waterproof. This is because the weather can be bad while you are outside on a backpacking trip. Therefore, if you have a pair of waterproof backpacking boot, you will not be worried about the weather. That said, go for backpacking boots made of water-resistant materials.
Backpacking boots are excellent footwear that is not just made for backpacking enthusiasts but also designed for hikers, campers, and workers. They are stylish; hence, they go with many outfits. They are also comfortable for long hours of wear not to mention being durable for superior performance. In this platform, you will get a suitable brand without breaking a sweat.