Those who have followed me from Cherry & Cinnamon will know that Geen Geenie is a new blog for me, one that allows me to explore my personal obsessions. So I’m flattered to receive a nomination for the Versatile Blogger award which made me feel like a newbie blogger all over again. Given that I started my first blog back in 2003, I’m no new-start but the blogoshere is ever-changing and continue to learn from fellow bloggers and entrepreneurs about style, photography and branding. I believe blogging is moving back towards its origin as an online personal journaling tool once more, but this time with more savvy and better photography. I for one am glad to see that change coming, I always preferred the personal stuff and glimpses behind the curtain.
I was nominated for the Versatile blogger award by sweet make up enthusiast Abi from Aubergine Reverie (great blog name!). Do check her out especially if you enjoy budget brand cosmetics reviews. The award rules are, Thank the person who gave you this award – Include a link to their blog – Next, select 15 blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly – Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger award – and include a link back to the post on your site announcing their nomination – And of course, tell us all 7 things about yourself that we might not already know!
I’m just gonna have fun with this so here are my 7 things you might not know about me:
– I’m learning to play the piano, slowly. (Really slow, like glacially).
– My eyes are dark grey but like Elizabeth Taylor I’m thinking of calling them violet! (They are kinda slate coloured, and can look green or blue depending on the light like labradorite).
– My favourite comic book series is the Sandman by Neil Gaiman, (but my favourite characters are Death and Delirium).
– I love reading biographies/autobiographies, especially of musicians, (For example I reviewed Rat Girl here).
– I’m love animals and all the cats I’ve ever had were ginger, like the lovely Sam Winchester here:
And here are my nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award–
Fifteen is a lot and I don’t want be a tag terror so here are my ten blog nominations worth checking out :
It’s nice to share the blogging love sometimes and I hope you will check these out. Have a great weekend! b.x