Back in January I set some New Years resolutions, I’m still working on them. Now it’s already midsummer I’m inspired to set some Mid-Year goals for things I’d like to do by the end of 2015. I’m apprehensive about sharing these, because once they’re out there I have to go through with them right? Well that’s the idea anyway… so in no particular order here are my mid-year goals:
– Enrol in a local creative writing course; I’ve really missed writing fiction and classes are great for inspiration, encouragement and getting back into the swing of things. I’m hoping to take one again in the autumn.
– Complete a Coursera online study course; Coursera.org is an amazing resource of free online classes on a range of topics offered by internationally renowned universities. I love the idea of online courses but I struggle with committing to something so ephemeral. Perhaps I haven’t found the right topic yet. There are a couple I’m interested in coming up- I’ll keep you posted.
– Making a weekly a routine; This is a good idea for so many reasons including eating at regular times to manage IBS symptoms, incorporating some kind of daily exercise, and making set times for tasks (like blogging) so that I know when it’s time to stop! I need practice better self-care after all, all work and no play makes Jack an utter psycho…
– Start saving a little; this one’s self-explanatory. It’s time to start building the old bank account back up, especially if I’m interested in paying for further education.
– Wish lists and Wants; A little of what you fancy does you good and while trying to save I will still allow the odd treat. And perhaps for those things I really can’t afford I can make wish lists, a girl can dream! And we all need something to work towards anyways.
– Practice Mindfulness and being present; having a routine will help with this. I need to create better boundaries so that I can switch off and be more in the present moment. I also need to accept unpleasant emotions when the arise so I can feel them, neutralize them and let them go, instead of pretending they are not happening so they can upset me later.
– Go to more music gigs/performances; I was spoiled for choice when I was a Londoner and I’ve seen almost all my favourite performers at some point. I miss the easy accessibility of great gigs, but I’ve a couple lined up in the near future.
And one final goal….
– Grow out my hair; Otherwise known as give my hair a rest! I never seem to enjoy my hair as it is, I’m always striving towards the next thing. Sometimes before my hair is ready. I’ve had three major colour changes so far this year and my poor hair is suffering. I need to leave it alone! (I think this topic needs a blog post all to itself.)
It’s a new thing for me to try to set myself challenges. I hope I haven’t set the bar too high, but even if I manage to make just a few of these goals before the end of 2015 I’ll be happy. I feel a little exposed writing this but it will be good to look back on at a later date and see how I’ve done. Are you inspired to create some Mid-Year goals of your own? Do tell me if you blog about them!